DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sad day....drone gone :(

R1Mavic

Reactions
It's been raining like crazy here....all the rivers are overflowing, so I decided to go capture it. I was hovering about 3ft above the river and I began following it. I was so intrigued with what I was seeing that I lost track of where I was. I didn't know what was above me. I turned around and started coming back. I thought I was at an opening, so I entered sport mode and went straight up. It hit a branch and I watched it splash into the rushing river. F#@$$!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful thing is I had it insured, so I'll get my money back. I am not sure I will buy another MA though. Will wait out the MP2.

I will be selling the Fly More combo bag, remote, ND filters, charger, cables and 3 batteries. Message me with respectable offers.

DJI Care Refresh covers water damage if you can recover the drone.

It's been raining like crazy here....all the rivers are overflowing, so I decided to go capture it. I was hovering about 3ft above the river and I began following it. I was so intrigued with what I was seeing that I lost track of where I was. I didn't know what was above me. I turned around and started coming back. I thought I was at an opening, so I entered sport mode and went straight up. It hit a branch and I watched it splash into the rushing river. F#@$$!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful thing is I had it insured, so I'll get my money back. I am not sure I will buy another MA though. Will wait out the MP2.

I will be selling the Fly More combo bag, remote, ND filters, charger, cables and 3 batteries. Message me with respectable offers.

Sorry for your loss after all that waiting for it to arrive aswell [emoji22]

Reactions: R1Mavic
What insurance did you get that covers the water landing?
State Farm. I did not recover it.. The drone is gone. I don't care if they drop me... All my other policies are with a different company. I haven't had the policy a month. This call will be interesting tomorrow.

Reactions: Golfez
Its always easy to insure, but when it comes to claim a loss, that's a very different story .. not one, but every single insurer.

Don't ask me how I know.

:D

Reactions: Ed_2020
Certain this happens all the time with them. I'm curious what they will ask for from me to process the claim.

In fact it does happen all the time. They won’t continue to want to pay out $1000 for a $70 a year policy. Especially stand alone policies.

Reactions: maven4336

That's unreal, so sorry for you.

I've had all my insurance through State Farm for the last 30 years, it's cold hearted what they did to you, I hope I never have to file a claim on my Mavic.

This is good to know... Just insured my drones with them, and - naturally - they are asking about quoting our house. Don't want to end up losing our homeowner's over a drone accident.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes