DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Safe landing in your hand

Pippi

Reactions
What fly mode is best to manage a safe landin in your hand.
I would need to do this when I want lo do "safe" landing onboard my sailboat when i shoot at open sea.
I have practiced landing in hand in my garden. The sensors make drone backing up when i try to take it, so i have to forse left joystick down.
How do you do the "handlanding" and/or landing in starting from a mooving object like a car, boat e.g .?
Thanks alot in advance//
Pippi

Turn off landing protection. It won't try and get away when you reach up to grab it.

If you hold the left stick down for 3 seconds it deactivates those sensors and it won't try to get away - it just gently drops into your grasp. No need to turn anything off if you don't want to. After seeing how well it works, I exclusively do hand landings and returned both my landing pad and landing gear haha.

Just maneuver the drone above your hand, hold the left stick down, after 3 seconds the drone will shut up and gently plop down into your hand. About 1 second later the motors will shut off.

Reactions: ANT0407 and Pippi
If you hold the left stick down for 3 seconds it deactivates those sensors and it won't try to get away - it just gently drops into your grasp. No need to turn anything off if you don't want to. After seeing how well it works, I exclusively do hand landings and returned both my landing pad and landing gear haha.

Just maneuver the drone above your hand, hold the left stick down, after 3 seconds the drone will shut up and gently plop down into your hand. About 1 second later the motors will shut off.
Having done it with landing protection enabled and disabled I suspect most may have a preference for disabled, at least the first few times they do it. It does remove one variable from the equation and make it a little easier.

I have landing protection disabled. Easier to hand catch for me. Scary holding left stick fully down while your under reaching for the mavic.

Ok try to find the option how to turn it off/on. Will practice on land before boat.. ⛵

Ty. I did so. Worked very well in harbourg.
But when i should lift from the boat.... to to close a winch. Boat was moving and drone touched the winch and landed on.. in... the sea.. so I can not practice right now. Orderd a new one... **** water-money... sl end of next week.
I will drive firt 500h in "beginners mode"

Sorry to read about your lost. Always hand catch when landing so it becomes 2nd nature.

Reactions: Pippi
If the boat is moving while you doing this make sure you match the speed of the boat, brace yourself and grab the drone from the bottom @ first chance, tilt it turn off if you cannot do it from the RC.

Hmmm 6 degrees C in water and there it happend no visibility. 6 meyers deep and muddy bottom.
If I start from/ land on- board anymoore I will stop the boat.. or put something under the drone so it dont crach in something directly 5cm after take off.
Is it possible to start from hand?

Aside from hand catching, I also practice launching from hand. I use the auto take off feature of DJI GO 4 while holding the Mavic with one hand. One way to get rid of compass error due to metal underneath mavic launching area.

Reactions: Pippi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom