DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Salt water crashed M2P. Anything salvageable?

xagoras

Reactions
I recently had a salt water crash with my M2P. I understand that all electronics and camera is corroded and basically useless.

Loved my M2P so bought another one. Already sold the old controller and trying to get as much back to minimize the loss.

My question is, if there is anything inside the drone still usable to sell, except from the plastic shell.

I recently had a salt water crash with my M2P. I understand that all electronics and camera is corroded and basically useless.

Loved my M2P so bought another one. Already sold the old controller and trying to get as much back to minimize the loss.

My question is, if there is anything inside the drone still usable to sell, except from the plastic shell.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Saltwater will, as you mention, do untold damage. The PCB’s will corrode beyond repair and the sensors couldn’t be trusted for reuse. Sadly, apart from the case, not a lot to salvage. Definitely dispose safely the battery.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Saltwater will, as you mention, do untold damage. The PCB’s will corrode beyond repair and the sensors couldn’t be trusted for reuse. Sadly, apart from the case, not a lot to salvage. Definitely dispose safely the battery.

I've already disposed the battery to a recycling center. Coulnd't trust it hanging around the house, not with 2 kids in here ???

What about the legs? Are the motors removable from the plastic? Also any idea how much the plastics can sell for? Thanks for your answers.

Was the old controller an RC1A and is the new controller an RC1B? If so you'd probably have been better served to sell the RC1B. The reason being the RC1A writes DAT and txt flight logs to the phone, the RC1B writes only txt flight logs to the phone. Regarding resale values have you checked out ebay prices and tehyactually sell for on ebay. You will have to declare the salt water immersion but trawling through the 'for parts' auctions might be useful.

Was the old controller an RC1A and is the new controller an RC1B? If so you'd probably have been better served to sell the RC1B. The reason being the RC1A writes DAT and txt flight logs to the phone, the RC1B writes only txt flight logs to the phone.

Yes, that's correct. Didn't know about that fact. The battery on the old one, seemed to have lost it's freshness however, as it could barely hold for 3 batteries before the crash.

I've already disposed the battery to a recycling center. Coulnd't trust it hanging around the house, not with 2 kids in here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What about the legs? Are the motors removable from the plastic? Also any idea how much the plastics can sell for? Thanks for your answers.

The legs minus any metal parts could be reused. The joints may be okay if not in the saltwater too long.

Yes, the motors can be removed. Do a search on YouTube for Mavic M2P tear down and you’ll see how the whole AC comes apart.

Not sure on a value but if you post on the forum you may get some offers.

Safe(r) flying with the new one.

The data contained in the two types of flight log seems to differ, as in they contain different categories. I am still very much a numpty with these things so not the best person to describe the precise differences. Also one of them can work with some fancy Epson glasses, the other can not. but as such glasses do not interest me so that is as far as my 'knowledge' regarding them goes

The data contained in the two types of flight log seems to differ, as in they contain different categories. I am still very much a numpty with these things so not the best person to describe the precise differences. Also one of them can work with some fancy Epson glasses, the other can not. but as such glasses do not interest me so that is as far as my 'knowledge' regarding them goes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev