DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sam Tab S2 8 t713 compass interference in tablet from mavic controller

Obecny

Reactions
Anyone here with Tab s2 t713 have a problem with tablet compass interference from the mavic controller? all good if tablet is slided in with usb port on the right and power button on top but if I want to slide it in with power/volume buttons towards me and usb on the left the compass in the tablet going crazy so the direction of the mavic on the map is incorrect at all, help please!

I have that Tablet, and haven't noticed any issues since rooting it and putting Lineage 14.1 on it. I had way too many issues with stability with the stock Samsung ROM.

I have the T813 (9.7 inch). Also works perfectly with official Lineage 14.1. Better than stock ROM for sure.

got a new replacement today, behaves exactly the same so I guess most of you just didn't notice the problem :(

got a new replacement today, behaves exactly the same so I guess most of you just didn't notice the problem :(
Try turning it 180 degrees so that the usb port is on the other side. The compass is too close to the magnets in the controller. Rotating tablet should move compass away.

Try turning it 180 degrees so that the usb port is on the other side. The compass is too close to the magnets in the controller. Rotating tablet should move compass away.
this is exactly what I am doing and I works as described in the first post, the only problem for me is no access to power button, thinking about opening the tablet and make some shielding for the compass, I don't know if it going to work but will try some day

this is exactly what I am doing and I works as described in the first post, the only problem for me is no access to power button, thinking about opening the tablet and make some shielding for the compass, I don't know if it going to work but will try some day

I have to do the same with my Samsung s8+. The gimbal magnets are the cause. You can see this when you move the gimballs and compass reacts.

Another option, get a tablet holder that lifts the tablet away from controller.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d