DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung tab a 2019 not connecting

jim thorley

Reactions
any help appreciated i usually fly my mavic on my Samsung tab a 6 via usb port on rc controller. No issues but because tablet is 10.1 find it a bit big so just purchased Samsung A 2019 8 inch and it wont connect via usb port on rc controller yet will with the side port on rc controller have put tab into developer mode got usb debugging on but no joy from bottom usb port have usb setting on midi. Have ordered a longer cable for side port but just dont understand why this is a issue

any help appreciated i usually fly my mavic on my Samsung tab a 6 via usb port on rc controller. No issues but because tablet is 10.1 find it a bit big so just purchased Samsung A 2019 8 inch and it wont connect via usb port on rc controller yet will with the side port on rc controller have put tab into developer mode got usb debugging on but no joy from bottom usb port have usb setting on midi. Have ordered a longer cable for side port but just dont understand why this is a issue
My guess would be its a cable issue. I had this problem with my 2014 Samsung 10.1. Fixedd with 3rd new cable!

Reactions: jim thorley
Just seems strange cable works fine on Samsung a6 but not on Samsung tab a 2019. But latter working with otg cable can only think the 2 tablets running on a different protocol. New longer otg cable coming tom

I had an android tablet that always gave me problems as well..

To get it to work I had to turn on the controller, connect the tablet and then shut off the tablet completely and restart.
Upon restart it seemed to connect for whatever reason...

Worth a shot..

I had an android tablet that always gave me problems as well..

To get it to work I had to turn on the controller, connect the tablet and then shut off the tablet completely and restart.
Upon restart it seemed to connect for whatever reason...

Worth a shot..
Yeah tried all than no joy think otg cable only way tablet will talk to rc

I know that you have luck with Samsung tab. NOT me. I had to bite the bullet and swallow my pride and picked up a iPad mini 5. That was about a year ago. And so far so good. Keep us up to date on your issues. And good luck.

I know that you have luck with Samsung tab. NOT me. I had to bite the bullet and swallow my pride and picked up a iPad mini 5. That was about a year ago. And so far so good. Keep us up to date on your issues. And good luck.
Think its really model specific when it comes to samsung my s9 works great my a6 works great and this 1 will work granted i would prefer it to working on bottom usb. Problem with them all is direct sunlight cant see anything i am looking at the bt moviero glasses but seeing reports they might be struggling with the ever hungry go 4 app

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78