DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SANDISK 40% off @ Amazon

TU

Dang. Picking up a couple. Good lookin out!

Edit: looks like only 20% on some of them. Still a good snag.

Thank you, good looking out, I picked up a couple of the 64GB UH1 cards for $15 each, great price, one day only!!

The write speed is a slow on those cards you need the faster card especially for 4K, At the minimum you need the San Disc Plus Series (red/gold). Just because a card says class 10 is not enough these days.

The Fastest MicroSD Cards | Test Results 2016 UPDATED

Spend the extra $14 for the Extreme

The Ultra is fine for your phone but not 4K cameras
I stream 4K to my TV @ 40MBs without problem, have been using a Ultra 80MBs class 10 card in my GoPro black at 4K for a long time without issue.

Write and read speed s are two different issues, Read and streaming is not a problem it is the Write speeds that can compromise the quality, Even GO-Pro does NOT recommend the use of the Ultra cards. You spend $1000 for a hi-def drone to film yet you skimp on the SD card quality when the higher quality card is only $10 more (reg price).

The ultra version 4K speeds are fairly slow at 5MB/s you need 8MB/s min for fluid recording

People sometimes have problems with frames dropping when using SanDisk Ultra memory cards in DJI aircraft. I have a list of memory cards that will definitely work well here. All of the listed memory cards also meet or exceed the specs of the memory card that comes with the Mavic.

Write and read speed s are two different issues, Read and streaming is not a problem it is the Write speeds that can compromise the quality, Even GO-Pro does NOT recommend the use of the Ultra cards. You spend $1000 for a hi-def drone to film yet you skimp on the SD card quality when the higher quality card is only $10 more (reg price).

The ultra version 4K speeds are fairly slow at 5MB/s you need 8MB/s min for fluid recording

They recommend what they do because if you call and complain about lost frames or footage, they can ask what card you have and then, if it isnt exactly their recommendation or better, they will blame it on the card rather than the camera. Doesnt mean the recommendations are not valid, but why not try what you already have first, and if they dont work, upgrade.

They recommend what they do because if you call and complain about lost frames or footage, they can ask what card you have and then, if it isnt exactly their recommendation or better, they will blame it on the card rather than the camera. Does'nt mean the recommendations are not valid, but why not try what you already have first, and if they dont work, upgrade.

I love crazy conspiracy theories. it is not like the manufacture is not recommending it because it is not optimal... They clearly want you to have the best experience.

Why not spend the extra $10 for your $1000 drone so there are no potential issues.

Additionally this thread is was not started to suggest trying what you have but it recommended to buy what the manufacture does not recommend using.

Seriously $10

Because it is PURE speculation, do you not think if the lower cost card worked fine that DJI would not recommend it and save their customers $$$, it is not like they have a financial interested in San Disk. If the Ultra card was problem free and works I would assume that they try and save money themselves and ship with that grade of card...

Reactions: msinger
What you say is also speculation concerning DJI's thought about "saving customer's money." Glad to meet you, pot.

So you think that there is a conspiracy between the 4K camera manufactures out there so not recommend the Ultra Micro SD, If anyone is in the position to recommend a card it would be the manufactured designing the cameras that are using the cards.

But I guess some drone guy on a forum knows better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_