DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sattelite Positioning Off-Atti Mode: While flying in sport mode

warden082

Reactions
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but has anyone else experienced this.... while flying in sport mode, well into my flight, i have observed my Mavic suddenly switch to ATTI mode and flash the warning "Satellite positioning off. Fly with Caution.", at which point i have no map navigation, and I have to fly back FPV. This is the second time its happened to me, and it usually resolves itself a few seconds after i stop and switch back to regular mode. If there is already a thread speaking to this issue, please share the link, would love to know whats going on. Otherwise, please share your thoughts. I have examined my flight log uploaded from my smartphone, and nothing really seems to stick out. What do you think?

I recall reading that this issue is potentially related to one of the motor spinning at a high RPM in Sports mode that it allows enough EMF to be developed to interfere with one of the compasses. Which in turn creates confusion when the onboard processor "compares" the output of the non affected compass versus the affected compass.

Reactions: warden082
Did you try to make compass calibration after that ?
I got same problem one time and I thinking that it was because I didn't made compass calibration before flight in new spot.

BD0G, do you happen to recall where you saw that report? Wouldn't mind reading through it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito