DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saving settings

J-Dog

Reactions
I was sitting here thinking about this. Rather than getting my rigs out and doing the tests I decided it would better to ask others. So....I've searched the forum but haven't found the answer. Time to ask.
I always check RTH and other settings before I take off but there could be a situation where I get distracted as I'm helping someone else get airborne or who knows what else. Here's my question.
If I use my phone at home to set RTH, camera settings, altitude restrictions, etc., when I switch to a different phone or my crystalsky or even my tablet, will those settings still be in my Mavic Air, Spark, MPP or are the settings instead stored in each individual device/phone/cs?
I believe they're stored in my drones, it makes sense, but I don't want to assume.

If I use my phone at home to set RTH, camera settings, altitude restrictions, etc., when I switch to a different phone or my crystalsky or even my tablet, will those settings still be in my Mavic Air, Spark, MPP or are the settings instead stored in each individual device/phone/cs?
A few settings are stored on the mobile device. Most of the settings are stored on the drone, remote controller, or battery. As long as you have everything powered on and connected to DJI GO (like you do when out flying) when changing the settings, the settings you mentioned above will be remembered when switching to another mobile device.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm somewhat limited in my knowledge of today's technology but it would make sense to have the drone remember the most important settings, for it's own safety. It certainly has a better memory than I do so it shouldn't rely on me.

I was sitting here thinking about this. Rather than getting my rigs out and doing the tests I decided it would better to ask others. So....I've searched the forum but haven't found the answer. Time to ask.
I always check RTH and other settings before I take off but there could be a situation where I get distracted as I'm helping someone else get airborne or who knows what else. Here's my question.
I believe they're stored in my drones, it makes sense, but I don't want to assume.
Just to add to what @msinger already said none of the settings you’ve mentioned are stored in the mobile device, only on the drone so to change any of those settings you have to be connected

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest