DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Say Your Location (Tacoma and surrounding areas)

Arrived today, just in time for rain to come in! flew it a few min outside just to verify it is stable and functioning, reset bunch of things to default. Charging batts and wait for better weather.

Arrived today, just in time for rain to come in! flew it a few min outside just to verify it is stable and functioning, reset bunch of things to default. Charging batts and wait for better weather.

Great!
What firmware ver is on the Mavic?

V 1.03.10000
I was debating rolling back to .700 that people seem to like, but just going to enjoy it and learn for now. I did factory reset on bunch of settings, then tweaked a few camera settings with info I got from here and youtube.

Flew inside for about 2 min. Yeah, gotta watch out for ground effect flying indoors. Took off from coffee table, in tripod mode. Left coffee table and she started to drop from loss of thrust off table. Barely had enough stick rate to keep it from catching a prop on table as it dropped. DOH

V 1.03.10000
I was debating rolling back to .700 that people seem to like, but just going to enjoy it and learn for now. I did factory reset on bunch of settings, then tweaked a few camera settings with info I got from here and youtube.

Flew inside for about 2 min. Yeah, gotta watch out for ground effect flying indoors. Took off from coffee table, in tripod mode. Left coffee table and she started to drop from loss of thrust off table. Barely had enough stick rate to keep it from catching a prop on table as it dropped. DOH

My mavic is at .700 and will not upgrade for very good reasons.

Joe here. I live in Puyallup. Do you local guys use Litchi? I like planning automated flights and looking forward to making s flight plan and we can all share it. We would then automatically play follow the leader. Working a plan around Tacoma.

Reactions: izzy
Hello Joe.
Do have Litchi but i haven use it for automated flight yet, but will in interesting do a mission group with it
Flight with more that one Mavic pilot is cool.

Nice. I do have the google and is a unique experience.
Did take some video of the waterfront in Tacoma today was very windy so is not the best.

You weren’t harassed about flying over the ships? I’ve wanted to take flight over there but wasn’t sure if it was worth it

You weren’t harassed about flying over the ships? I’ve wanted to take flight over there but wasn’t sure if it was worth it

No that i know, it was fine but don't get to close to the ships.
flight over the Tacoma waterfront is good but only when the weather is nice, in my video it was very windy that day.

Reactions: Wersh
I'm in Puyallup. Been wanting to come up to the levee road and fly along the river when the mountain is out someday.

Soon to be new Mavic owner (should arrive between 1/3/18 - 1/5/18) and new drone pilot too. (well I have a crappy $100 drone that I got at Xmas a couple years ago, but only flew it a few times ... so, ya ... new pilot!!!). In Federal Way near Lakota middle school.

Feel free to ask questions. If anyone has a good, safe location, maybe we can get together for some familiarity training, if wanted. Be happy to share.

Welcome and enjoy!!

Phantom Pilot lurking here. Live in north Seattle right near the Sound. So far, the best wide open easy to learn/work on some things area I have found is 60 Acres in Redmond. During the off season for soccer is is full of RC and drone pilots. Would also be open during the week as the weather gets nicer and kids are in school during the day.

Feel free to ask questions. If anyone has a good, safe location, maybe we can get together for some familiarity training, if wanted. Be happy to share.

Welcome and enjoy!!
Definitely would love any training, tips, help, etc. FedEx says my MP is in Puyallup as of 4:38pm ... so I am hopeful that I'll be getting it on Thursday!!!! Excited!!!

Hopefully you can find some dry time in the next few days! I'm located near 136 and Woodland, for reference.

Reactions: izzy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan