DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Say Your Location (Tacoma and surrounding areas)

No that i know, it was fine but don't get to close to the ships.
flight over the Tacoma waterfront is good but only when the weather is nice, in my video it was very windy that day.
The area down there is a no fly zone, I'm not sure why.

Izzy, can you give me the resource that states that? I have not found one single resource to be 100% accurate. I'll add it to my pre flight check.

I'm in Fed Way 320th and 1st ave
Cool ... hello there almost neighbor!!! LOL

Mavic finally arrived today; got the family stuff done and finally unboxed. Recorded S/N, bought DJI Care Refresh and hooked batteries and controller up to the charger. And now the wait .... for charging, sunlight, no rain ... :( LOL This is exactly how you turn a grown man into an impatient tantrum throwing child!!!! haahaahaa

Reactions: izzy
I know! I was in your shoes last year. Watched so many videos to prep. Always heard the startup beeps from the Mavic on those videos, but when I heard it for the first time...felt like when I got my first bike for Christmas!
Getsometi e in tomorowbefore the rain. Tripod mode helped a lot! Kept me out of danger. Then training wheels off and it was on!

I know! I was in your shoes last year. Watched so many videos to prep. Always heard the startup beeps from the Mavic on those videos, but when I heard it for the first time...felt like when I got my first bike for Christmas!
Getsometi e in tomorowbefore the rain. Tripod mode helped a lot! Kept me out of danger. Then training wheels off and it was on!

Ya, I will be in my back yard for a bit if the weather cooperates, then maybe over at Adelaide Elementary's field or Lakota's. Probably Adelaide since it's more hidden and I can be alone. Got all my settings set (for now). Updated firmware to 1.04.0000. Hovered it in the kitchen for a few minutes. Been watching videos for a week or two every spare minute. Ya ... kid with that first bike and that first kiss all wrapped up in one!!!! LOL

Ya, I will be in my back yard for a bit if the weather cooperates, then maybe over at Adelaide Elementary's field or Lakota's. Probably Adelaide since it's more hidden and I can be alone. Got all my settings set (for now). Updated firmware to 1.04.0000. Hovered it in the kitchen for a few minutes. Been watching videos for a week or two every spare minute. Ya ... kid with that first bike and that first kiss all wrapped up in one!!!! LOL

Well, had the drone up in the back yard for a bit ... until the first battery went low and my shaved head got cold!!! Fun. Charged back up and off to a bigger pasture ... with a beanie for the head this time!!!! :) Fun ...

Mavic finally arrived today; got the family stuff done and finally unboxed. Recorded S/N, bought DJI Care Refresh and hooked batteries and controller up to the charger. And now the wait .... for charging, sunlight, no rain ... :( LOL This is exactly how you turn a grown man into an impatient tantrum throwing child!!!! haahaahaa
I have a road king also

Reactions: sgoe02

Did you get insurance? I have insurance for mine with State Farm $37 a year.

Joel Hensel
State Farm Agent
12835 NE Bel Red Rd Ste 320
Bellevue, WA 98005-2625
Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm
After hours by appointment
24/7 Customer Service
Phone: (425) 455-1400
Fax: (425) 462-0766
[email protected]

The area down there is a no fly zone, I'm not sure why.
I called Tacoma Narrows airport on Sunday to find out why it's listed as no-fly on AirMap app. The person I talked to said there's no problem flying in that area as along as you notify them. 253-851-9480
BTW I live in Puyallup. I notify Lissa Smith at Thun Field by text message whenever I fly within 5 miles.

Has anybody used their Mavic around Point Defiance to get pictures of the Narrows Bridge?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61