DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scam, I think, using DJI’s name

Bruhaha

Reactions
D0CEA3A1-7277-4D27-A468-44A0EE9850DD.png I was careless and crashed my mavic pro. It appeared that the gimbal was compromised so I sent the drone back to the repair shop in Dallas. I have the DJI care refresh service contract so I sent it per their system. I have since received two notices from them asking for $79.00 I’ve been assuming that this is a scam. I’ll attach the second notice that I received. Anyone else receive this?

Reactions: Former Member
Looks legitimate. What makes you think that it is a scam? Have you tried calling the phone number to ask whatever questions you might have about it?

Did you pay the $79 for your Refresh claim in order to get your drone replaced/repaired?

Agreed. The Care/Refresh is not a "freebie." If you make a claim and the fault is not deemed a manufacturer's defect, your first covered repair is $79 per the contract.

-Rod

Sometimes the Paypal link doesnt work. If you try to pay, and it doesnt go through, try to pay on the DJI website under your account, or chat with customer service.

Sometimes the Paypal link doesnt work. If you try to pay, and it doesnt go through, try to pay on the DJI website under your account, or chat with customer service.
Yes, I’ve paid now. The way I sent the drone to DJI seemed legit but the way they asked for money with the link going directly to PayPal seemed Nigerianish. I guess I’m just too cautious.

View attachment 42122 I was careless and crashed my mavic pro. It appeared that the gimbal was compromised so I sent the drone back to the repair shop in Dallas. I have the DJI care refresh service contract so I sent it per their system. I have since received two notices from them asking for $79.00 I’ve been assuming that this is a scam. I’ll attach the second notice that I received. Anyone else receive this?
I crashed mine at the beginning of July used my DJI refresh and it went to the same location. Had a few issues with them wanting to repair it instead of replace it.
Took almost a month to get it back.
They got it on 07/04/2018
I got it back on 07/25/2018

They did wrap it with bubble wrap and gave me 4 new props, gimble bubble and gimble lock.Screenshot_20180713-074755_Chrome.jpeg

The next one will cost you $129.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu