DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Scottish Highlands 2022

Rhody Seth

Reactions
My wife and I just returned from an incredible trip to Scotland that was everything we hoped for and more. What a fantastic country. I've got my work cut out for me with all the video I took but I couldn't resist putting together a short one with lots of aerial footage. As always it's harder to get those really great shots than you think but I'm really happy with the last one in this video.

What did you think of the roads?
Can you add place names please?

The drive on Day 2 from Glasgow to Kyle of Lochalsh was both gorgeous and terrifying. It was probably worse for my wife who was constantly reminding me when I drifted left off the road. And driving those single track roads was all new to me. Took some getting used to but I felt fairly confident by the end.

I'll definitely be adding a lot of names of the full videos - I didn't do a great job at the time.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The drive on Day 2 from Glasgow to Kyle of Lochalsh was both gorgeous and terrifying. It was probably worse for my wife who was constantly reminding me when I drifted left off the road. And driving those single track roads was all new to me. Took some getting used to but I felt fairly confident by the end.

I'll definitely be adding a lot of names of the full videos - I didn't do a great job at the time.
Glad you enjoyed it - some of the roads can be a bit challenging, especially for overseas visitors - the single track roads are fine as long as you follow the rules. Biggest bit of advice is that travelling up north is going to take you a lot longer than you think once you factor in stopping for the view, traffic, cows, deer etc I live here so its easy lol

Reactions: Rhody Seth
Excellent videography and perfect choice of music - well done! We visited the highlands several years ago and treasure our photos of the mountains, streams, clouds, ocean, old castles, distilleries and gardens. What a beautiful country.
You quick shot of the left hand driving did evoke a bit of PTSD - and a chuckle. I never could quite wrap my head around the proper directional use of a UK traffic circle. My wife the navigator did her best to steer us clear of those!

Excellent videography and perfect choice of music - well done! We visited the highlands several years ago and treasure our photos of the mountains, streams, clouds, ocean, old castles, distilleries and gardens. What a beautiful country.
You quick shot of the left hand driving did evoke a bit of PTSD - and a chuckle. I never could quite wrap my head around the proper directional use of a UK traffic circle. My wife the navigator did her best to steer us clear of those!
It's always left and if you are getting off at the first or second exit keep far left. If you are going around 3/4 of the way then move to the right portion to start, when entering the roundabout, then signal left and get over as you come to your exit. You have to be a bit aggressive on roundabouts in the UK or you might end up like Walt Griswald in National Lampoons European Vacation. That was a classic, on the roundabout in London. Used to take that one almost every day to work, when I lived in London.

On single track lanes, if the hedge rows are too high to see other cars coming, always toot the horn as you are coming to a bend in the road and have your window down so you can hear someone else coming to you. And remember when on inclines of those roads, downhill cars always have the right of way. At night driving those roads, just watch for bright light glare coming over the hedges when approaching a corner, that is the best indicator. However, do be careful of a horse rider which also sometimes happens to be there, when rounding a bend.

Excellent bit of everything there, from scenes to music to mixing ground with air shots. What were you flying and did you use the drone for all the video shot? Next trip, visit Wales, it is also beautiful!

Last edited:
Excellent bit of everything there, from scenes to music to mixing ground with air shots. What were you flying and did you use the drone for all the video shot? Next trip, visit Wales, it is also beautiful!

Thanks much! The drone is a Mini 2. For the non-aerial footage I use the GoPro Hero 10. I would love to visit Wales - Snowdonia looks fantastic. This trip took a lot of planning and the support of our family to watch our 13 year old so I don't think we'll be coming back across the pond anytime soon. But I sure hope we get to visit again!

nicely done!
perhaps a tad jumpy, otherwise great.
i was lucky to visit the edinburgh and the highlands last fall and fully enjoyed!
already thinking of a return visit!

nGgk33B.jpg

Thanks all!

Gorgeous! Especially that ending shot.

Yeah that is probably the best shot I took the whole trip. I regret now that I didn't try to get more action shots of us hiking. I always get paranoid - I don't want to be "that guy with the drone" so I generally only sent it up when we were by ourselves and taking a break.

nicely done!
perhaps a tad jumpy, otherwise great.
i was lucky to visit the edinburgh and the highlands last fall and fully enjoyed!
already thinking of a return visit!

When we got home I was so excited to put something together that I definitely rushed the editing. Sort of wished I took a bit more time to make it flow but it was really just to tide me over while I start editing the full videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme