DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scotty Kilmer: 5 Tools Stupid People Buy Including a Mavic

MiragePro

Reactions
Site
www.miragepro.net
Not sure how many of you know who Scotty Kilmer is? If you are into automobiles you would know who he is. He has a YouTube channel on fixing your auto. He recently posted a video on buying cheap Chinese tools and parts for your car. He included a Mavic drone. In fact he ranted quite a bit on how the Chinese make terrible software. Apparently he updated his drone and it won't work. Interesting video.

Quick, someone ask Scotty to join Mavic Pilots forum so we can help troubleshoot what's going on ?

Quick, someone ask Scotty to join Mavic Pilots forum so we can help troubleshoot what's going on ?

Scotty go to section 3 and post up the flight log ?;)

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
I like him! He’s done a wonderful job of thinning the skies of future mavic pilots, leaving more room for the rest of us. But I don’t see how he could competently command any drone with those hands waving around. And I just can’t see him being calm enough to pass the TRUST.

Sorry the guy seems like an idiot, first he compares a couple cheap **** electric power washers to gas powered unit, what does he expect?? And whats with the stupid pics popping up in the corner all the time? No way could I watch that whole video... thanks for pointing out a set of videos I wouldn't waste my time on!!

Not sure how many of you know who Scotty Kilmer is? If you are into automobiles you would know who he is. He has a YouTube channel on fixing your auto. He recently posted a video on buying cheap Chinese tools and parts for your car. He included a Mavic drone. In fact he ranted quite a bit on how the Chinese make terrible software. Apparently he updated his drone and it won't work. Interesting video.
Scotty is a jewel in a rusty crown! By the time he got to my trusty Dewalt drill I was ready to vote for him in an election! (But he might need our help to get his drone up and away …….. ?) ??????

He really doesn't like anything made in China.
You were right about his voice, he sounds like a ranting drunk.

Reactions: Alky1229
Scotty go to section 3 and post up the flight log ?;)
I doubt if there is a flight log as he wasn't able to connect the drone to the controller due to the software upgrade. He might have to go to section 8 instead.

thanks for sharing!

He should stick to the car videos. His wife must have starched his skivvies or something. He gets a bit too excited and when he does, his voice goes up to that "yeah, I'm not listening anymore" pitch.

I have not watched it but probably would agree... I would like one of the dji software engineers to explain to me why I have to check off that I'm responsible for flying my drone SIX different times when getting and attempting an unlock code and then taking off in an authorization zone? Also, for the last month there is no longer a place on the menu of my controller for my Mavic 2 Pro to get the unlock code since I did one of the 2-3 week firmware upgrades they keep requiring

I feel that YouTube is getting over saturated with too many people chasing views.

You only have to look at the output of videos relating to drones, where we get ten minute videos looking at how a firmware update looks to do little more than make it easier to select the settings (it's better, but a sentence communicates it).

You're going to get rants that don't really make sense or have any real content. Newspapers, TV, 'news' websites, and now YouTube...

Mr Kilmer is not respected in most automotive related forums.!
He is regarded as a huckster if you will .
and not to be taken seriously.. yes he has a lot of followers . .also is a target
For some very funny jokes/ memes ( internet shinanigains)
because of his type of video nariati
Personally find him entertaining in small doses
…….cR…..

I’m with Dcotty on almost all of his thoughts here. He’s kinda like Charles Barkley - not politically correct, but he tells it like it is.

Reactions: Hawkeye.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman