DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen appeared to freeze in hot weather?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all,
Last week when it was hot, the feed froze on my iphone 7+ whilst flying, I panicked and immediately RTH. Is this a 'thing' in the heat? Was I right to RTH immediately?

Hi all,
Last week when it was hot, the feed froze on my iphone 7+ whilst flying, I panicked and immediately RTH. Is this a 'thing' in the heat? Was I right to RTH immediately?
You still have full control of the drone with the transmitter, even without the app. and as long as you still have VLOS, you can continue to fly, while your phone reboots, but you won't be able to see what you are recording. iPhones don't do well in heat, so keep the screen out of direct sun by finding some shade, and take it out of any case you may be using, which prevents it from properly cooling itself.

Reactions: Buel
This past week has seen quite a few posts about freezing screens related to using the wrong version of app 1.4.8.
Since I use Android, not sure if this applies to your hardware, but you may want to verify which version of DJI Fly app you have installed.
See the posts on Fly App Crashes and Bugs

It's pretty scary no matter the situation. A IOS device can dim so much in bright sun and heat that it could lead one to think that you had lost the image. Shade will bring the image back to dim but useable. My biggest fear when actually losing the screen is that I might hit something that stops the RTH. I rarely ever use RTH and when I do it's always with the on screen button. I've read many times that one should practice using it in all situations. One of these day's I'll get wise and do it.

It's pretty scary no matter the situation. A IOS device can dim so much in bright sun and heat that it could lead one to think that you had lost the image. Shade will bring the image back to dim but useable. My biggest fear when actually losing the screen is that I might hit something that stops the RTH. I rarely ever use RTH and when I do it's always with the on screen button. I've read many times that one should practice using it in all situations. One of these day's I'll get wise and do it.
Good advice! I must say that even after 6 months of having the Mini 2, I still use RTH regularly as it amazes me!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato