DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen mirroring

Agfel

Reactions
I have a mavic 2 Zoom and I use a Samsung S7 with it I also always fly with DJI re goggles does anybody know if you could use screen mirroring from my phone to a tv I would like to have a bigger monitor other people can watch

I’ve done it with an iPad and Apple TV. It was tricky though, I had to stand in the doorway with the RC so the iPad wasnt out of range from the Apple TV and the RC signal wasnt blocked to the AC. However, this was almost worst case scenario as far as setup of where the tv was and where the door was. If the tv was closer to the door and had less obstructions you could proly stand out side.

Reactions: Agfel
I used to be able to do that before the Android operating system updated to Android 8. It worked very well and there was less than 1 second lag. Now for whatever reason it doesn't work. The image is extremely laggy and pixelated as if there is a lot of interference. I'm a little annoyed because I built a ground station using a miracast receiver and now it won't work.

I used to be able to do that before the Android operating system updated to Android 8. It worked very well and there was less than 1 second lag. Now for whatever reason it doesn't work. The image is extremely laggy and pixelated as if there is a lot of interference. I'm a little annoyed because I built a ground station using a miracast receiver and now it won't work.
S*** I just updated my phone thanks for the info

Note that miscast is point to point WiFi so you'll lose the ability of getting internet through the Wi-Fi.

Just try anyways but it did the same thing with my Samsung tablet after it updated. I did get a new S9 and haven't tried it yet.
So I just tried the screen mirroring with my new S9 and with a modded DJI GO 4.1.22 and the screen mirroring is working again with no distortion or lag. Not sure what the issue was with my S7. Its a little less than a 1 second delay so I don't think you'd want to fly like that but it helps if you are using it as a spectator monitor. I can screen mirror to my big Samsung tv or my windows 10 laptop.

For best results you want to make sure that either the aircraft is on 2.4GHz and miracast is running on 5.8 (needs one of the rare 5.8 capable dongle) or vice versa or they will disturb each other's communications causing lag and drops.

Reactions: Agfel and dv8ed
Hi there, I have also started to mirror my screen of my S7 and Nexus 7 2013, but I find that the phone and tablet are ALOT slower when mirroring to my Feelworld FW279 screen. Both the phone and the screen is lagging...

Edit: Just finished AnTuTu Benchmark and found a 5000 point difference between running with my miracast and without. Could it be my miracast device that is causing the slow phone/tablet performance?

No, it's just the extra work the phone has to do to capture, encode and send the screen contents... Both those phones are low in performance by today's standards, a modern device wouldn't show a noticeable performance drop.

Reactions: Ram85
No, it's just the extra work the phone has to do to capture, encode and send the screen contents... Both those phones are low in performance by today's standards, a modern device wouldn't show a noticeable performance drop.
Thank you for the response. I've ordered an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet that has hdmi out. Will see if I still experience performance problems.
Honestly thought that the S7 Would be sufficient. When the drone is on the ground the phone is fast and responsive, only when the drone is in the air does the phone slow down significantly.

anyone know how to use CAST in dji pilot on SC , with chromecast dongle?

like mirroring in second monitor by wifi , with cast function of my SC dji pilot . . now SC + Dji Pilot see and connect to wifi of cromecast dongle but after cromecast is not recognized

.have link for tutorial mirroring from dji pilot SC Android to second monitor no cable but wifi ? thanks for help

Chrome cast sender and receiver have to be on the same network, whether that would be point to point Wi-Fi (receiver acting like an access point) or both on an existing WiFi network. Firewalls on either side could also block the protocols.

Chrome cast sender and receiver have to be on the same network, whether that would be point to point Wi-Fi (receiver acting like an access point) or both on an existing WiFi network. Firewalls on either side could also block the protocols.

work fine :) see photo

Attachments

• IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics