DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD CARD PROBLEM

So is this problem fixable ? Maybe in settings?
I don't understand what you mean.
What I was getting at was that this card may be too slow or has issues making it unsuitable to use with the intense requirements of the AC, but may be just fine being used in less intense applications. That's what I had to do with an Ultra. No longer worked in the P3 for recordings, but just fine as extra storage in my tablet.

There are many different opinions from members what sd card to use in a drone. Can a DJI recommendation as to what sd card should be used in a Mavic Pro? Back to the basic's may be a thought here.
Any card from a reputable manufacturer/dealer with a U3 rating will do. SanDisk Extreme or better will have the U3 rating.
If you're not sure of the integrity of the card (bad batch or possible fake), there are apps that can test the card for write speed and flaws.

Well I figured it out. When I formatted the chip I played with the "Allocation unit size" box. I didn't understand what it was and I thought this box would limit the amount of data it would accept. So I tried to get as close to the size of the chip ,64gb as I could. Once I realized that a setting must be wrong I reformatted the chip and picked " Restore defaults" and everything works now. This again shows me how much trouble I can get into when I "assume" something without actually knowing the answer . Thanks again to all who contributed to this "my" mess. Chalk this one up to pilot error not drone error.

Sam

Reactions: Thomas B
One other thing to keep in mind:
There seems to be a correlation between ExFat formatted cards and gimbal reset issues on MP. Cards greater than 32GB default to being formatted ExFAT. 32GB and less are formatted FAT32.
Im running win10 & I format in EXFAT on my pc, then when i go to fly I formatin the AC & everything is good. I use a card reader & download to pc to edit. I have the same sd card.

Im running win10 & I format in EXFAT on my pc, then when i go to fly I formatin the AC & everything is good. I use a card reader & download to pc to edit. I have the same sd card.
As I said, some have reported gimbal reset problem with MP (as in M1, not M2) which has recently been correlated with ExFAT.
AC will format cards greater than 32GB as ExFAT, just as Win10 does.

Maybe try to format the SD card on the PC and test again, if the message persists, it may be the compatible issue.

i’m having this same problem with my Mavic Mini. After a day of flying and filming in Hawaii, my computer won’t recognize any of the files on the card. I came to your post hoping someone had answers.

Not at first. But I realized just yesterday it was because I was using a memory card that was much too large than what I needed in the Drone. I was using a 128 and for some reason that won’t work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman