DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Card Question

You need to make sure you're using a memory card that is able to write data consistently at 12.5 MB/s (or higher). The SanDisk Extreme Pro is a good choice for the Mavic Air. You can find some other commonly used memory cards here.

As long as you meet that spec, the quality should be the same no matter which memory card you're using.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisy-girl
Finding out what the spec is can be challenging. Luckily some people have taken the trouble to test out a variety of SD Cards to see which actually meet the published specs.

Here's an example.

Also be very careful of fake cards. Only buy from reputable sources. If it's cheaper than most places that's usually a sign. When your Mavic complains that the card isn't fast enough, that's another sign you didn't spend enough money.

You need to make sure you're using a memory card that is able to write data consistently at 12.5 MB/s (or higher). The SanDisk Extreme Pro is a good choice for the Mavic Air. You can find some other commonly used memory cards here.

As long as you meet that spec, the quality should be the same no matter which memory card you're using.

Every time I look at the data on that link, my first thought is to imagine the tremendous effort that went into creating it. It's an amazing accomplishment. Bravo!

Reactions: msinger
Finding out what the spec is can be challenging. Luckily some people have taken the trouble to test out a variety of SD Cards to see which actually meet the published specs.

Here's an example.

Also be very careful of fake cards. Only buy from reputable sources. If it's cheaper than most places that's usually a sign. When your Mavic complains that the card isn't fast enough, that's another sign you didn't spend enough money.

I've been a subscriber to Tom's channel since I first discovered it.

Reactions: swooshdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh