DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sd card

Yeah, that's another good option.

Sorry 512 Gb (that's what the page shows for me + it shows up as a U1) may well be too large for the drone, the manual only mentions up to 256Gb.
I am pretty sure I recenlty saw a MOD on the DJI forum quote a 256Gb limit for the Mini 2 (not that they are the most reliable of sources)
Besides, if the 512Gb is the card the link should show, it isn't really good practise to use such a huge card. If you do not back it up an accident could cost you A LOT of photos and or footage. U3 64Gb would be my choice but I am using 128Gb Samsung evo U3's because they and slightly cheaper per Gb and they are easier to get hold of.

Sorry 512 Gb (that's what the page shows for me + it shows up as a U1) may well be too large for the drone, the manual only mentions up to 256Gb.
I am pretty sure I recenlty saw a MOD on the DJI forum quote a 256Gb limit for the Mini 2 (not that they are the most reliable of sources)
Besides, if the 512Gb is the card the link should show, it isn't really good practise to use such a huge card. If you do not back it up an accident could cost you A LOT of photos and or footage. U3 64Gb would be my choice but I am using 128Gb Samsung evo U3's because they and slightly cheaper per Gb and they are easier to get hold of.
I've settled on the San Disk Extreme 256 GB card as my standard.

Each drone has its own card, and I back them up every month, on the first of the month. If I have a flight that I think is exceptionally cool, I'll pop the card out and copy that file immediately.

Popping the cards out and then putting them back in is sufficiently painless that I've never used any other method to retrieve the files.

TCS

You may want to consider a card for each battery changing the card when you change the battery.

You may want to consider a card for each battery changing the card when you change the battery.
Why?

I swap all 10 of my Mini-2/Mini-SE batteries around indiscriminately between them, and I've never observed a problem.

Have you seen a problem related to that?

Thx,

MM

Why?

I swap all 10 of my Mini-2/Mini-SE batteries around indiscriminately between them, and I've never observed a problem.

Have you seen a problem related to that?

Thx,

MM
It's primarily a precaution to help prevent lost video in the event of a lost drone. When flying for a customer that requires multiple batteries, I have the imagery already shot.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It's primarily a precaution to help prevent lost video in the event of a lost drone. When flying for a customer that requires multiple batteries, I have the imagery already shot.
But what's the payoff toward this objective to doing a card-battery pairing?

That's what I'm not seeing.

Thx,

MM

But what's the payoff toward this objective to doing a card-battery pairing?
The idea is to try to lose as little footage as possible in the case of an issue with a memory card or a lost card (if losing photos/videos matters). If you don't want to buy a lot of cards, another option would be to copy the files to an external drive (like this one) after each flight.

The idea is to try to lose as little footage as possible in the case of an issue with a memory card or a lost card (if losing photos/videos matters).
I understand that generally. What I'm not yet seeing is why pairing batteries and cards makes any difference. A Fly More Combo comes with three batteries. Why should any individual card car about what battery is used in the drone?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I truly don't see it. I think I'm missing something fundamental about what you're saying.

Could you re-phrase?

Thx,

MM

I understand that generally. What I'm not yet seeing is why pairing batteries and cards makes any difference. A Fly More Combo comes with three batteries. Why should any individual card car about what battery is used in the drone?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I truly don't see it. I think I'm missing something fundamental about what you're saying.

Could you re-phrase?

Thx,

MM
I pair the sd with the battery because it's an easy workflow. Battery 1 - SD 1, Battery 2 - SD 2. Just easy to manage.

I pair the sd with the battery because it's an easy workflow. Battery 1 - SD 1, Battery 2 - SD 2. Just easy to manage.
Ahhh, OK, I think I see it now.

The "ease of workflow" observation made it click for me.

It's not a use case that's ever applied to me, but I think I see it now.

Thx!

:)

MM

It would be no different than keeping track of a pile of empty memory cards and a pile of used memory cards.

Ahhh, OK, I think I see it now.

The "ease of workflow" observation made it click for me.

It's not a use case that's ever applied to me, but I think I see it now.

Thx!

:)

MM
I think it's just a sensible way to make it part of your routine, so you won't forget to do it -- you're not going to forget to change the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J