DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Seattle skyline/Space needle shot from Gas Works Park. M2P

Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: BingErr
Seattle is a beautiful city, and especially as seen by the waterfront.

I did have a few comments about the filming.

(1) Either in flying or probably in editing, you speeded up the flights so that I really could not tell if those were people down there or not until you re-filmed it at a lower altitude. Everything seemed rushed and went by too fast to really "SEE" it.
(2) when shooting towards the bridge, there was a high dynamic range which caused the sky to blow out and the image to be dark.
(3) speed of the entire flight too fast for me to see everything. Take it slower.
(4) the music track selection...painful. Keystone Cops-like.

Dale

I knew I was gonna love this video before I even watched it. I was stationed in Seattle many years ago and spent 3-4 years there and fell in love with the city and surrounding area. I absolutely love it there and have visited since. Great video!

What Dale said on #2, then on the shot after that the sailboats were too hot. But overall, nice video. I liked the music. I love that there are several hundred people picnicing next to an abandoned gas processing plant.

I agree with others - Seattle is a beautiful city! I've not seen if from your perspective. My wife and I 'stopped' thereby in 2007. Our crusie ship docked there for a day on our way from Alaska to San Diego. Got to go up in the Space Needle and look around.
Your video was a good one. I think you mixed the sped up parts with regular speed very well.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Seattle is a beautiful city, and especially as seen by the waterfront.

I did have a few comments about the filming.

(1) Either in flying or probably in editing, you speeded up the flights so that I really could not tell if those were people down there or not until you re-filmed it at a lower altitude. Everything seemed rushed and went by too fast to really "SEE" it.
(2) when shooting towards the bridge, there was a high dynamic range which caused the sky to blow out and the image to be dark.
(3) speed of the entire flight too fast for me to see everything. Take it slower.
(4) the music track selection...painful. Keystone Cops-like.

Dale
I didn't speed up any shots of the park or people. I DID speed up shots of the skyline because you couldn't see a lot of drone movement in such a big area. I agree on my contrast/settings. I left it on auto and the bridge and boats did not capture well. The music is free youtube music. I've been burned so much lately on downloading "Free copyright" tracks only to have them claim monetization a few months later. I have not figured out the best place to get tracks that will not eventually steal your youtube monies. I agree on the shots of the park I (in retrospect) should have flown slower. The overall pacing of the video is my just trying to keep it around 2 minutes because drone music videos don't hold people's interest long.
Thanks for all the well thought out advice. I will take it to heart.

And thanks everyone for watching.
Cheers!
Corey B

What Dale said on #2, then on the shot after that the sailboats were too hot. But overall, nice video. I liked the music. I love that there are several hundred people picnicing next to an abandoned gas processing plant.
Agreed on the shots of the boats. Maybe I should have just cut them out.

I hope you were watching out for air traffic. Lots and lots of float planes fly over that area, not to mention helicopters. I grew up in Seattle. Used to live next to what is now Gas Works Park when it was still considered a mess (1959). It was on the EPA Superfund cleanup list as I recall. Seattle is a beautiful city but it certainly has problems now.

I hope you were watching out for air traffic. Lots and lots of float planes fly over that area, not to mention helicopters. I grew up in Seattle. Used to live next to what is now Gas Works Park when it was still considered a mess (1959). It was on the EPA Superfund cleanup list as I recall. Seattle is a beautiful city but it certainly has problems now.
of course. I always am. But I didn't see any low flying aircraft during our time at the park.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028