DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sedona circle hyper-lapses with sunset

Video is cool! Love Sedona. Great voice of Arizona places to video!
Black and white really takes away some of the beauty of Cathedral Rock.
Audio seemed a bit choppy... maybe my phone?
The red rock country is beautiful. Here’s page which three of mine from this forum.

Video is cool! Love Sedona. Great voice of Arizona places to video!
Black and white really takes away some of the beauty of Cathedral Rock.
Audio seemed a bit choppy... maybe my phone?
The red rock country is beautiful. Here’s page which three of mine from this forum.

Yeah, not sure what happened with the audio, I'm a little bummed. Easily fixed, but surprised because I did it with Premiere, it might have happened with my transfer to YouTube. Either way, thanks for the feedback. I am a sucker for B/W and wanted the change up, but I definitely agree with the loss of color.

Your clips are awesome! Smooth and you captured the beauty of contrast in size and views there.

Reactions: Thomas B
Went to Sedona with the family and got a couple hyper-lapse vids I put together. I feel like it came out pretty good. Comments welcomed!

Just my opinion- of course. I am headed to Sedona next month if we don't cancel because of corona virus. Did not like the black and white at all. The reason to go there is RED ROCK. Also think hyperlapse would be much better with motion subjects (?traffic below), not beautiful mountains. I'm planning a nice, slow pass by these beautiful rocks.

Reactions: droneyboi
There's no movement in them. For a hyperlapse you really need movement (cars, clouds etc.) for it to be effective, otherwise you're better off doing a Point of Interest shot etc.

Other than that very nice! I was in Sedona recently and it's a stunning, stunning place.

This was my little video from flying there with the Mavic Mini:

There's no movement in them. For a hyperlapse you really need movement (cars, clouds etc.) for it to be effective, otherwise you're better off doing a Point of Interest shot etc.

Other than that very nice! I was in Sedona recently and it's a stunning, stunning place.

Very nice footage Paul.Can't wait to get out there and start flying next month.

Reactions: droneyboi and Pablo
Thanks for sharing. By chance did you use a filter on the camera? Looking at the skyline in the BW portion there’s a darker section on top vs underneath it.
5FACFC01-BE78-4F08-89BE-CFD0A2642E9A.jpeg

Just my opinion- of course. I am headed to Sedona next month if we don't cancel because of corona virus. Did not like the black and white at all. The reason to go there is RED ROCK. Also think hyperlapse would be much better with motion subjects (?traffic below), not beautiful mountains. I'm planning a nice, slow pass by these beautiful rocks.

I totally understand the movement part of it and I wish I would have just captured a video, but that wasn't the case here. Time fades way too quick during that golden hour and I let it run it's course after I started it. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice video. Thanks for the feedback. I see now where I went wrong on this. I'll do things a little different next time.

Nice video. Thanks for the feedback. I see now where I went wrong on this. I'll do things a little different next time.

Sorry I just re-read my post and it was more critical in tone than I intended. Feels like you've taken the advice well anyway!

Arizona is such a beautiful place I'm sure you could take some amazing hyperlapses using freeway traffic for the movement in the shot with the stunning mountains in the background. Throw in some slow moving clouds (do you get clouds in Arizona? haha) and boom you have a winning hyperlapse!

I know its been a while since you posted this video, but was curious if you were actually in Red Rock when you made your flight? Seems that some or all state parks in AZ have drone rules, though there are still plenty of places to fly to capture the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes