DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Self correction!

zakeblack

Reactions
So school boy error! Look before you leap as they say, took off straight up and clipped a telephone line! I glanced up but it was to late! I thought it was going to tip/flip over was almost vertical and then you just hear the motors whine up! and it steadies out and hovers like nothing happened! immediately landed (avoiding said telephone line) checked props all ok...

Well impressed in the ability to correct was amazing!

Not that amazing that I wont take extra care moving forward appreciate I'm possibly one of the lucky ones but all the same still impressed..

You were very lucky, but you learn by your mistakes. Glad it wasn’t damaged.

Always check the area around/above you before flying. That’s one thing you should have on your preflight checklist.

Bet you won’t do that again??

So school boy error! Look before you leap as they say, took off straight up and clipped a telephone line! I glanced up but it was to late! I thought it was going to tip/flip over was almost vertical and then you just hear the motors whine up! and it steadies out and hovers like nothing happened! immediately landed (avoiding said telephone line) checked props all ok...

Well impressed in the ability to correct was amazing!

Not that amazing that I wont take extra care moving forward appreciate I'm possibly one of the lucky ones but all the same still impressed..
as @Porky said there are two times during a flying session that you need to be aware of your surroundings.apart from when you are flying around

(1) before you take off look above you and a 360 look around to make sure it is safe to get airborne.

(2) follow the same process before you come in to land it only takes a moment happy flying OMM

Agreed guys yes, thanks for the advice and its not an error you want to make twice as its a given you won't be so lucky the next time!
thanks for taking the comments on board as they were meant to be,constructive advice and for admitting you made an error instead of blaming the mav or some outside cause like many who come on this forum,your honesty was refreshing

thanks for taking the comments on board as they were meant to be,constructive advice and for admitting you made an error instead of blaming the mav or some outside cause like many who come on this forum,your honesty was refreshing

Was my error no use blaming anything or anyone else I was foolish... to be fair part of my research before buying was watching tube clips of fails and the vast majority are user error.. not looking... flying backwards... taking a risk.... etc. etc.

I rushed and nearly paid the price.

All is well lesson learnt

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack