DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Serial number is designated by what part?

Reactions
If I rebuild any model Mavic, what designates the serial number? After successfully buying a crashed Mavic 2 Pro for parts, I decided to rebuild the "sold for parts" Mavic 2 as well. I'm new to this Mavic realm, so my questions are stupid to many on this most excellent forum.

After fixing my gimbal on the Zoom I bought new with the salvaged Hasselblad, I got cocky with my soldering skills and I bought an Air 2 on eBay for cheap because it was "sold for parts" & won't bond. Me being green did not know about the infamous 1112 cant connect issue. Now I'm thinking my back up Mavic 2 will also give me a 1112 code as the seller did say "sold for parts".

Here is my question:
Does a certain part designates the serial number? I would guess the main board? If I switch out the boards with a new one, does it have a new serial number? If seral numbers are only given through DJI, then there must be a value to these numbers and they could be bought and sold like a taxi medallion (pre Uber). In other words, If you crash your Mavic 2 pro and don't plan on fixing it,, isn't there a value of this serial number? I may need one if my rebuild doesn't connect..

Thinking that through further, if your drone gets stolen and is not tied to you, for example if its not yet registered, then wouldn't it be better to buy one of those "sold for parts" drones and get your old serial number transferred to the new board ? You claim "that you needed to replace board bc of crash" you claim.
---

For what it is worth
that's from Sept 2018. Whether or not "Plug and Play" is still applicable I do not know.
I do have the recollection of reading that certain bits of hardware are electronically / software tied to one another and that there is discussion in here of a github thread that details how to reset those links but I could be up a Gumtree.
This rings a bell Camera : N/A Gimbal not move but the idea of experimenting with this for the sake of experimentation 'terrifies' me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost