DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting number of days to discharge batteries

Sitka78

Reactions
I haven't been able to find where to select the number of days to discharge my batteries. Can someone help here, or is it not needed anymore?

If you are referring to the M2 then that setting has been removed. It is fixed at 10 days.
Thank you sar104, please don't think that I don't trust you, but could you please show me where to find the information so I can pass it on to others.

sar104, in your opinion, would one be ok by leaving the batteries in the flymore bag when fully charged, or would it be best to leave them out like on the desk or shelf. I always left my pantom 3 batteries on my desk and don't know if I need to stay with the same plan.

Thank you sar104, please don't think that I don't trust you, but could you please show me where to find the information so I can pass it on to others.

Eh!! How can you find information about something that isn’t there?
I had the original MP and can confirm that you could set the ‘days till discharge’ on the settings menu of the app when you had it open.
I now have the MP2 pro, and the batteries are set for discharge at 10 days and cannot be changed on the settings menu.
If you want to interrupt the discharge cycle, for example if it has been 9 days and you will be flying in the next 2 or 3 and don’t want to be charging up batteries, just press the power on button briefly and this will set it back to counting down from day 1 to 10 again.
And if Sar104 says it is so, it is so, believe me, he has more knowledge of DJI drones than anyone I know.

The MP2 has been out for three months. It's been discussed here plenty. It's also covered in the manual.

Thanks again, I guess that I was looking for something that didn’t exist. Too bad the manual didn’t let us know that the feature was no longer available.

I think the quote from the manual does actually tell you this. They are not going to write the manual as if someone else has flown another DJI product in the past.

Reactions: Kilrah
I think the quote from the manual does actually tell you this. They are not going to write the manual as if someone else has flown another DJI product in the past.

Agreed - the manual doesn't, and shouldn't, include a change log from all past models and firmwares. It states how the device works. If that's different to a previous version then one can draw ones own conclusion that it changed.

Reactions: Kilrah
Why is it a concern to discharge the drone batteries but not the controller battery? DJI has indicated that the controller also has a Lipo, in it...? Also many other Lipo battery devices that we have don't require discharge after a few days?

Why is it a concern to discharge the drone batteries but not the controller battery? DJI has indicated that the controller also has a Lipo, in it...? Also many other Lipo battery devices that we have don't require discharge after a few days?

It's only an issue for high-capacity, high-discharge rate batteries such as the main flight batteries. I'm not sure exactly what the explanation is for that difference.

Reactions: tcope
Probably because as a battery ages and it's charge level goes down, it's internal resistance increases. Internal resistance doesn't have much effect at low currents, but at high currents voltage drop and generated internal heat increases.
Still, the energy used by the RC, though not as much as the AC, isn't insignificant. Neither is it insignificant in a laptop.
However what you brought up has been my argument as well.

Incidentally, late model laptops often randomly cease charging at 95%.

Reactions: tcope
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J