DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shield K1 HDMI OUT/Fatshark FPV

okieflyr

Reactions
I've been out of the Android game for a long time so I'm a bit rusty.

I'm trying to use a Shield K1 w/ Android 7 (unsure of the OS version) to provide an hdmi output that I can use for FPV with my Fatshark HDO goggles and Mavic 2.

I understand that the Shield outputs 1080, and the goggles will accept and downscale to 780.

The goggles are in the correct mode, IE hdmi input switched on position.

The shield will usually initiate the mirror/console mode if a cable is plugged in, but will not progress any further.
If the shield has the cable plugged in when it boots up to a tv it will launch automatically, but not on the sharks...
The native resolution adjustments on the shield have 4 settings, but no improvement.

Not getting any "handshake" it appears between the two, though each of them will send and receive independently of each other through the perspective ports.

I'd appreciate any insight or suggestions to try.

Thanks,
Kevin

Looks like this is running on Nougat 7.0 at this point.

Is there another OS that has shown to work either as a back date or update for a better output connection?

Thanks,
Kevin

Looks like this is running on Nougat 7.0 at this point.

Is there another OS that has shown to work either as a back date or update for a better output connection?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
There are numerous you tube videos online that show the cable connections and discuss in great detail some of the modification settings that need to be made inorder for the FS goggles to work properly. I'm also considering going the route of FS, though haven't made that $$$ leap yet.

How To Fly Your DJI Mavic Pro With FPV Goggles | Drone Supremacy

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

I'm trying to use a Shield K1 w/ Android 7 (unsure of the OS version) to provide an hdmi output that I can use for FPV with my Fatshark HDO goggles and Mavic 2.

I understand that the Shield outputs 1080, and the goggles will accept and downscale to 780.

The shield will usually initiate the mirror/console mode if a cable is plugged in, but will not progress any further.
If the shield has the cable plugged in when it boots up to a tv it will launch automatically, but not on the sharks...
The native resolution adjustments on the shield have 4 settings, but no improvement.

Not getting any "handshake" it appears between the two, though each of them will send and receive independently of each other through the perspective ports.

Thanks,
Kevin[/QUO

Hi I have the same set up and it's working fine.
I'm using fatshark dominator 3 with a Nvidia k1 tablet.
Your right about the output though,I had to root my tablet and now each time I connect my fatsharks mirror/console mode will appear and the resolution of 800x480 will be outputed,after installing secondscreen apk.
I hope this gives you confidence it works
Good Luck
Marrs

Thanks for the encouragement guys.
I’ve since moved on to a CS for the monitor and goggle feed.
I may revisit it, but it’s been on my list to probably just sell and let someone with more Android background get a deal.

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi I have the same set up and it's working fine.
I'm using fatshark dominator 3 with a Nvidia k1 tablet.
Your right about the output though,I had to root my tablet and now each time I connect my fatsharks mirror/console mode will appear and the resolution of 800x480 will be outputed,after installing secondscreen apk.
I hope this gives you confidence it works
Good Luck
Marrs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS