DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shopping for 1st drone

andypearson

Reactions
Just checking in. I'm shopping for my first drone and thought I'd mine some data from your combined experience rather than making mistakes in my choices. I know that I'll find what I need based on my past experience using similar sites.
Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Which model are you thinking of buying?

You can’t go wrong with either one. The fly more is the way too go. Make sure you buy from either Best Buy or place you can take it back if you have a problem.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Hey Andy, welcome and glad you joined. I'm pretty sure sure you know who this is [emoji6]. Lots of info here.

Last edited:
Hey Andy, welcome and glad you joined. I'm pretty sure sure you know who this is [emoji6]. Lots of info here.
Hey Harry! Thanks for telling me about this site!!
I've been reading posts off & on today.
Still think you're right about Mavic Pro or maybe Pro Platinum.
There's several good deals out there right now.

Hi!
It's my first post here, so I'll try to get it right. ;-)

If you made it on this forum, there's a good likelihood that you're looking to spend around $1000 on a drone. In this price range, the MP is the drone to get. Don't forget to budget around $300 more for accessories -- at least a spare battery, car charger, propellers, travelling bag and a few extra SD cards. As others have mentioned, the "Fly More" package is worth considering. You can get aftermarket accessories on Amazon for a few dollars less depending on your budget and intended use.

I have both the P4 and the MP and I prefer the MP. It's lighter and "feels" more nimble. I can't really tell the difference in video quality. When I looked at comparison videos, it was very subtle. In my opinion, it's not worth the extra $. I'd rather spend that on accessories.

D587DC5B-05E6-4B60-8855-9D5A3147C3E4.jpeg 2BA3188F-6644-4CCE-851F-AAA345BCA985.jpeg These are just a few accessories that are well worth the money. This charger will charge three batteries at the same time in less than an hour along with your remote for the MP. There are several nice carrying cases as well.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I have the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. The Mavic Pro is still my go-to bird when it comes to my foldable drones as it is supported by the SDK and the Air is not. I need it for Litchi and Drone Deploy. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11