DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Short range before "weak transmission"

CanberraMavic

Reactions
Hi all,

got my Mavic around a week ago, and had 2-4 flights per day. Perfect to fly, and so much fun.

My issue is (and please, just remain focused on this issue), that I get a rapidly decreasing radio reception after just 300 metres or so, to a max range of 850 metres before full loss of signal and RTH. I have watched the youtube videos, adjusted the control aerials a variety of ways, away from metal objects, prayed to relevant gods... I can't figure out a reason for such poor signal strength.

Any blindly obvious responses that don't involve the term LOS?

Reactions: SuperDave
Hi all,

got my Mavic around a week ago, and had 2-4 flights per day. Perfect to fly, and so much fun.

My issue is (and please, just remain focused on this issue), that I get a rapidly decreasing radio reception after just 300 metres or so, to a max range of 850 metres before full loss of signal and RTH. I have watched the youtube videos, adjusted the control aerials a variety of ways, away from metal objects, prayed to relevant gods... I can't figure out a reason for such poor signal strength.

Any blindly obvious responses that don't involve the term LOS?

Did you fly over or near any buildings? IE WIFI spots or have the WIFI still turned on in your phone. The usual culprit is a stronger signal jam. WIFI becomes more easily stronger than the controller as you fly away from controller towards WIFI source or the phone in the controller then becomes the stronger source. Also people who want to see will come over with there phone WIFI on and some companies will even use WIFI jamming equipment to stop WIFI hacking of there computer sources. All this is on 2.4g.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: CanberraMavic
I do fly near my own house, and wifi, as a rule. I tried turning to Aeroplane mode and added 300 metres to the run. I'll try another flight when the wind dies down a little, away from home. Thanks BadBob.

Any more ideas Brains Collective?

Yeah, climb.

I do fly near my own house, and wifi, as a rule. I tried turning to Aeroplane mode and added 300 metres to the run. I'll try another flight when the wind dies down a little, away from home. Thanks BadBob.

Any more ideas Brains Collective?

Big power lines have lots of static.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks Logger, I climbed to a height that would kick off a whole different rant by some members, but with little effect. BadBob, not many lines nearby the flight paths I've taken, but I'll keep it in mind too.

Cheers... More please. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Signal is definitely affected by "noise" in the are you are flying. I notice when I fly just outside my house in the 'burbs whether its my P4, Inspire, or Mavic, I get "Weak Signal" after only going up maybe 200'-300' high and 400' out. Compare that to when I go out to the open spaces where I'll go out 397' up and 1500' feet and not see any warnings...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS