DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shot my own Mavic out of a fir tree, now DJI refresh trouble

LGV850

Reactions
First post, please go easy. I've been lurking for 5 months

Long story short got my Mavic in early January 500 flights, 4.2 million feet and 60hrs later i put it 95' up into a fir tree in the middle of a national forest. I found it, went back a week later shot out all the branches holding it up there with a 223 and one final shotgun blast. It crashes to the ground breaks a leg and tears the camera off, all good i have DJI refresh.

Last week I did may paper work online, got a case number and was told i would be emailed a shipping label in 24-48hrs, week later still nothing. I have called twice and did the online chat thing and each time i would have it in 24hrs.

What have others experienced with DJI refresh.

Have you looked in your spam ?

My experience with DJI on-line repair/support was a nightmare. I have never encountered such an inept group of so called "support" people ever! Endless emails that went unanswered to BS chat replies and one idiot threaten me and claimed he was manager. I think he would be lucky if he would be able to manage himself out of a wet paper bag....

My dji care refresh shipping label was also a week late. So I rushed and sent it myself. They received it, and two more weeks passed, still waiting

Have a friend at work that bought the karma 2.0 and is having transmitter to drone trouble. Takes off and hovers then gets a red light on his screen that signals trouble. He's also having terrible
Warranty problems getting anyone at Go pro drone dept. they advertise 24-7 but there tech department is Monday-Friday. He has a case number but when he's able to talk to someone it's always a receptionist transferring him to a engineer that's not there. It's been almost a month and no answers.

Reactions: jbas
Did you ever receive your label?
They received the drone after 2weeks, so they cancelled the label.
Their last email was "We received your drone, show confidence" , still no news

Tooks about 6 weeks round trip to get my Mavic repaired under No. 1. Have one more to go. Barely fly the **** thing anymore. I am bored with the local crap and don't have time to adventure to more scenic stuff.

Care Refresh details:
*Never received Label so sent it myself on May 16
*June 01: DJI Support Received Drone Notice
*June 12: Payment Bill details Sent
*June 12: Payment via PayPal EUR 99

I thought If you are using your DJI Care Refresh it should cost you nothing other then for shipping cost ?

$79.00 US is what the North American Refresh states for the first refresh, its more for the second.

I have not had to use it, yet.

Keeping calm, after 4 contacts with a customer service person telling me it has now "label has been sent 4 times" ( it is not in spam) I thought i would send an email.. Two days later and 3 emails back and forth Dante asks me to confirm my email that he has been using to communicate with me. WTF, this must be how the regulate the units in for repair.

Last edited:
Care Refresh details:
*Never received Label so sent it myself on May 16
*June 01: DJI Support Received Drone Notice
*June 12: Payment Bill details Sent
*June 12: Payment via PayPal EUR 99

WOW i just sent in a battery for repair/replace. guess im gonna wear down the other battery waiting on the repair center. But i did get my label within 48hrs

Final update for whoever cares,
Never received a shipping label from DJI
Shipped BY UPS ground on Friday 6/16
Received by DJI on Monday 6/19
Got a replacement with serial number build date of mid December on Monday the 26th

other than never getting the promised label i am happy with the turn around time.

Updated FM to .900 on Wed. and flew 15,000 ft out and 33,000 round trip with no troubles
upload_2017-6-30_9-46-36.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1