DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Reactions
I own a Phantom 3 standard now, and I use it for real estate Photography, roof inspections, and travel videos (I am a licensed part 107 Pilot with a RPC.) I'm looking for something more portable than my Phantom, but it also needs to be better than the Phantom 3 standard in the pictures and videos, or it won't be worth the upgrade. Mostly I'm worried about the photo quality. Is it any better than the Phantom 3 standard in photo quality and detail?

Resolution for photos of both are the same. Sensor size is also the same. Field of view of the PS3 Standard is 94 degrees, Mavic is 78.8, so the Mavic has slightly less coverage area.

I'd say when it comes to camera quality and detail they are about the same, with a slightly reduced field of vision on the Mavic.

But the answer you your question is, no.

Ok then, why does the Mavic Pro shoot 4k video with Sony Exmor Sensor, and my Phantom 3 standard is 2.7k with Panasonic Sensor? I would think there was some difference in the sensors for such a quality difference!

Ok then, why does the Mavic Pro shoot 4k video with Sony Exmor Sensor, and my Phantom 3 standard is 2.7k with Panasonic Sensor? I would think there was some difference in the sensors for such a quality difference!
This is not a question of video at all. Size of the sensor does not mean a change in resolution. My phone has higher resolution then the PS3 and Mavic but the sensor is smaller. Specs are specs. They don't lie.

Reactions: ksmusa
Ok, so does the video from the Mavic look any better than the video from the Phantom 3 Standard?
I do commercial imaging with mine, (two jobs just this morning) and the quality is more than adequate for my needs.

I don't own a Phantom, never have, so I can't answer directly, but it has replaced my larger ships and dslr camera, due to sheer convenience.

Image quality, both video and still can be quite impressive with the Mavic... if you pay attention to settings. Examples: ISO and shutter speed for video, and .dng multi exposure stills.

Reactions: ksmusa

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada