DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Showing Your Age

Murph66

Reactions
Seriously I'm not asking you to post just your age, It's more fun than that. With the permission of the Mod's I'd like to start an official old farts thread , by asking you to name one thing you remember from your childhood, to give us a clue , It can be literally anything, pop stars, events, sport, whatever you recall from when you were a child, one answer at a time, Here goes I'll start

The Milky Bar Kid

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mrktn
i talk about this with my friends all the time, there are so many:

I remember when left your house phone off the hook, after a few minutes it would go into this crazy beeping tone to alert you since no one would be able to call into you. ;)

Party telephone lines and no area codes - the only way to place a long distance call was to dial 0 for the operator.

Going to visit Disneyland amongst the orange groves in Orange County California the first summer it opened when I was in kindergarten (1955). Most of the place was still under construction. At the time the new park was out in the countryside mostly surrounded by orange groves.

When French air traffic controllers didn't go on strike every year going into summer 🤬🥵

"Dialing" 0 to get the phone company and get any phone problem you had taken care of

Or dialing 411 for Information (to look someone up)
Or calling for the exact time. “At the tone the time will be … Beep”

watching the Coronation live, on a 12 inch black and white TV, purchased by my parents, especially for the event
how times have changed ,i watched the Funeral of the late Queen on a 75 inch smart TV

Reactions: bassnbeau
Thunderbirds when it first came out, broke my heart when I found out Lady Penelope was a puppet 🤣

Attachments

• thunder.jpeg
    thunder.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: barrybcar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members