DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I gracefully exit the free version of DJI Flight Simulator SOLVED in Post #11

Topwind

Reactions
As a beginning Mavic Mini pilot, I successfully linked my controller to the free version of the DJI Flight simulator, and have found flying with the simulator very helpful. Getting more comfortable with handling both joysticks together is always beneficial. Although DJI hasn't produced a sim that works with the MM, this is still very useful, particularly when conditions are not good for flying outdoors. After finishing a flight, there doesn't seem to be a way to exit the simulator other than doing a CTRL-ALT-Delete and shutting down the program in the Task Manager. I did read that one can shut down the program by clicking on the DJI icon on the upper left of the screen, but (at least in the free version, which lacks lots of options) there are no DJI icons visible. Anyone have a suggestion for quitting the simulator within the program itself? FYI, I don't believe the DJI Flight Simulator works on a Mac.

As a beginning Mavic Mini pilot, I successfully linked my controller to the free version of the DJI Flight simulator, and have found flying with the simulator very helpful. Getting more comfortable with handling both joysticks together is always beneficial. Although DJI hasn't produced a sim that works with the MM, this is still very useful, particularly when conditions are not good for flying outdoors. After finishing a flight, there doesn't seem to be a way to exit the simulator other than doing a CTRL-ALT-Delete and shutting down the program in the Task Manager. I did read that one can shut down the program by clicking on the DJI icon on the upper left of the screen, but (at least in the free version, which lacks lots of options) there are no DJI icons visible. Anyone have a suggestion for quitting the simulator within the program itself? FYI, I don't believe the DJI Flight Simulator works on a Mac.

I had same issue when I was playing with it with my mini and was just hard closing it. Following to see if anyone has anything different.... Also did a fresh search and cant see a release date were we might get actual support in flight sim for mini or air 2..

How do you link the mini controller?

HI is the downlaod any good....i ask because I have spent an hour to try to get it to work..keep getting error code. "network error" 008_008 {000/0263}
after googling the code they tell me to get a ms netwok 3.5... I install it and still the same code. Then on the DJI forum
its use a differnet wifi source...

is it that good to practice on or should i just give up and fly the drone for practice

cheers

HI is the downlaod any good....i ask because I have spent an hour to try to get it to work..keep getting error code. "network error" 008_008 {000/0263}
after googling the code they tell me to get a ms netwok 3.5... I install it and still the same code. Then on the DJI forum
its use a differnet wifi source...

is it that good to practice on or should i just give up and fly the drone for practice

cheers

It is good practice i think and worth it as its free to practice some more advanced stuff around other objects... However, the best practice with a mini is going to find a wide open field and just playing with it IMO.

Should be pretty straightforward to install and use with the Mini remote controller

I created this thread on the DJI forum for it.

I think it's actually not a bad simulation, the unlicensed trial version obviously doesn't have all the features

Reactions: BigAl07
Unfortunately not, I overcame this by using Mac Bootcamp on the Macbook and making a partition on the hard drive for a Windows 10 download to use just with the Simulator. Making sure you leave enough space for Windows 10 software and for the simulator etc. Good luck.

Thats too bad. Seems shortsighted but then again most flight sims lean to the PC side. For me, not worth the partition. I've flown a bunch on a bunch of platforms so it's not for the instruction per-se. Just thought it would be an occasional rainy day diversion

Reactions: Bob1956
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31