DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sick of Go4 ....finally got litchi

newguy

Reactions
I’m excited to try it out .....any tips for a first litchi flight

Like your first Go 4 flight, do it in a wide open space until you feel comfortable and can trust it. I really like the waypoint missions.

Reactions: newguy
Still havent decided if I should get litchi. Prefer to just have 1 app to work it. Waypoint seems nice, but isn't a bit 'lazy'? The journey (flying manually) is half the fun. Also, I've read in the forum here that some have crashed using waypoints, as they failed to account for obstructions and terrain. When you manually fly to the spot and mark waypoint on DJI Go, you know it was safe to get there.
I just checked the app store, and just realised i missed out on the 40% discount...

Reactions: newguy
...Waypoint seems nice, but isn't a bit 'lazy'? The journey (flying manually) is half the fun. Also, I've read in the forum here that some have crashed using waypoints, as they failed to account for obstructions and terrain. When you manually fly to the spot and mark waypoint on DJI Go, you know it was safe to get there...
Waypoint can be dangerous if you don't do your route research. Even then, I would not fly a new mission without being able to see and cancel the flight if necessary.

The Litchi waypoint gives you much more control and many more options than the DJI version. You can set multiple points of interest for the camera to point at, set the curve diameter for each waypoint, change speed, etc.

I use it to repeat a flight around a construction site that I am editing into a time-lapse video that I just can't get from DJI's version.

Reactions: eyeprojekt
In the Google Play Store there are a lot of people saying that the app closes suddenly.

Is it true ? Is there a solution?

thanks
In the Google Play Store there are a lot of people saying that the app closes suddenly.

Is it true ? Is there a solution?

thanks

I've been using Litchi since the beginning. Other than an issue with a poorly calibrated compass - never had a single problem on any flight. As for the waypoint crashes, that is poor planning, simple pilot error, not the app. Like anything, planning and preparation prevents pi$$ poor performance. Thumbswayup

If you have Litchi, then please give my little program "Litchi Virtual Mission" a try. It enables you to see what your mission will look like before you fly it!

VLM also provides some diagnostics which may help you improve your mission and/or avoid crashes - please take a look and get back to me with problems or questions.

There is a thread about VLM here - Virtual Litchi Mission

Latest Version is V1.0.4 available as a zip file here

User guide can be found in the "Help" tab.

Attachments

• Virtual Litchi Mission V1.0.4.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert