DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sick & tired of blurry left side

kens65fb

Reactions
I have been overlooking the slightly out of focus area on the left side on most my Mavic video's.
Enough is enough, as this flaw has ruined some very nice shots that I have taken.
My Mavic is less than a year old, and has never been crashed.
What is the procedure to send it in for repair or adjustment of the camera.
Is this covered under factory warranty?

If it's less than a year old I'd waste no time in contacting DJI and having it fixed under warranty. Just have a bunch of clips ready for them. They're most likely to replace the whole unit with a refurb.

Probably filming with 0 or minus 1 sharpening. Try plus one sharpening. It's a mavic "feature".

Probably filming with 0 or minus 1 sharpening. Try plus one sharpening. It's a mavic "feature".

I have been using +1 sharpness, the out of focus or blurring is only evident on the LEFT side about in the middle third of the video

It’s a well known flaw with some units.

The Mavic is capable of producing flawless imaging edge to edge so...

Get it returned while you can.

Reactions: Kilrah
I have had a similar blurriness occur when filming. The top third of the screen is in focus the lower two thirds, very blurry. Faces are just pink blobs, that's how blurry. Very annoying when videoing a wedding.

It has happened twice so far. The first time i restarted the aircraft with a different battery in it and that solved the issue. I though there might have been a difference in firmware between drone and battery.

So the second time I swapped the battery straight away, but still had the issue.

These are the only two times it's happened in the four months of ownership from new. If it happens again I think it might be a send back to Dji job.

Sorry that doesn't answer the original question, but at least you now know you're not alone!!!

I just got my Mavic Pro and while I love it, the pictures it take flat out suck on the left side.

I'm assuming this is not how it should be...

Should I just take it back and exchange it or is there something else I can do? These are just stills. In video it's the same, even with sharpening set to +1.

I just got my Mavic Pro and while I love it, the pictures it take flat out suck on the left side.

I'm assuming this is not how it should be...

Should I just take it back and exchange it or is there something else I can do? These are just stills. In video it's the same, even with sharpening set to +1.

The left side of this video shows the blurring

Did you get this fixed? I'm seeing this too and I'd like to have it fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78