DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side sensors show no sign of working.

Soledamcer

Reactions
Hi all. I've had my MP2 a couple of months now, and never paid any attention to the fact that the side sensors always show as red. I've recently tried all the settings to get them to show green in case of side on impact, but they just won't show or work. Is there something I'm missing or have I got a problem?

The side sensors aren't active in most flight modes.

Did you try flying in Tripod mode?

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi all. I've had my MP2 a couple of months now, and never paid any attention to the fact that the side sensors always show as red. I've recently tried all the settings to get them to show green in case of side on impact, but they just won't show or work. Is there something I'm missing or have I got a problem?
Read about the sensor function associated with each mode here:

The side sensors on the Mavic 2 are not stereoscopic, so they do not work in real time like the others do, and they only work in tripod mode, point of interest, circle, helix, boomerang, timelapse and active track. They work by comparing images, so they only work with slower consistent/predictable movement.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for your replies. I didn't realise that the Tripod/Sport/Posi switch on the remote had to be anabled within the DJI App. Once enabled the sensors came on in Tripod mode. I'm guessing I've never flown anything other than Posi Mode, despite switching the button on the remote and thinking "Wow! that made a difference". Can't wait to get out and try the real deal.

You would think only the intelligent flight modes (the ones you engage from the app) would be disabled when the "Disable IFM" is engaged rather than the modes on the switch. Ironically the IFMs still work.

My side sensors never show on the Go4 app screen. I put the M2P in tripod mode and they and slowly roll towards a wall of a building and the M2P stopped and would not get close to the building. The screen never showed red green or yellow but the sensors protected the M2P. I am unsure if that is normal or not. I have seen screen shots of other peoples screens and it had side indicators. It would be nice if they show up but I will not send ti for repair as long as the sensors are protecting the M2P. If anyone knows how to turn the indicators on the screen on please advise me.

Are you looking at the little icon in the upper menu/status bar? Mine are all green in tripod mode. They also are active in the intelligent flight modes. I don’t know of any way to turn off the screen indication and still have the sensors active. You might try rebooting your display device or re-install the GO4 app.

Also be sure you are actually in a flight mode supporting the side sensors.
If you are attempting to test in tripod mode, be sure the app says it is in tripod mode. It won't be in TP mode even with the switch in that position if:
You started in TP mode - toggle out and back in
You have intelligent flight modes disabled - enable in settings.

Also note, unless they changed it in the last few months, none of the sensors will show operational until you are actually flying.

I just checked mine to remember the placement of the indicators so I could talk more precisely and remembered that my CrystalSky just updated the Go4 app last week and added way points. Low and behold my side indicators now function in tripod mode. I would never had know, thanks guys and gals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian