DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal lost between remote and Mavic Air

TNielsen

Reactions
Hi.

Have others experienced that their MA suddenly loses the connection to the remote.

Tried it yesterday.

Mavic Air in the air, lots of signal and satellites. When it was about 80 meters height and approx. 90 meters away, the signal disappears in the Ipad and I look at the remote. Here, the LED lights red for no signal to MA. Luckily, RTH automatically works perfectly and my MA comes home and lands perfectly. I can see that it is flashing yellow and the remot is still red. A restart of MA and Remote and everything was ok again.
Others who have tried something similar

My log sayes 100% signal to it looses signal.
Lost signal.JPG

The flight log is from the dj4 app, exported to Airdata.com. I dont know how to get flight log from the Mavic Air.

Use a good cable between the RC and your mobile and make sure the connection is secured.
Anker cables are good/better than the ones supplied by the manufacturer of the device usually.

Thank you for the reply

I know, but it was a red light on the remote.. If i am not wrong, the connection between the drone and remote is not influences by the ipad/cable. . But i am not sure??

But the Anker kabel is on the whish list

Last edited:
The only use the flight log was to determine your environment/where in the world...
and it shows your out in the sticks away from everything almost! (I couldn't determine if there are any other signal influences from GE or the photo you took)
Sorry not familiar with the MAir and controller.

I've only looked in an analogous manner at the CSV flight log but maybe others with digital tools can better diagnose?
..log stops when you lost the connection of course

Hi

Think i get a new cable, and make sure that the homepoint is set before the next flights.

If it happens again, i will make more investergations..

Thanks a lot for the help

Today i had exactly the same issue!
Open area, 200m height, 50-100m distance and i lost video and control signal! Never happened before.
I was in FCC mode and fly 2km in open area before, 3-400m in cities without any problem!
If there was some 2.4GHz interference, first the app should warn me, right?
And first the video should be loss, then the control. But it happened in a moment, i lost both signals.
Drone has triggered RTH, i hoped i come back the control, but not. At 50m height i restarted my remote, and finally i got control.
Is my remote bad?

Last edited:
Spookily enough, I had significant loss of video and control yesterday. It lasted about four minutes. There were two factors:
  • firstly, I was flying behind my house (whilst I was in front of it) at near maximum permitted height (110m) - line of sight was possibly compromised on parts of the route, and certainly the house must have absorbed some of the signal. However, I had flown this exact route before, from the same position, and had no difficulties. Wind was around 14mph at 50m, with little gust variance - there was one wind warning that I cleared
  • secondly, I did not panic too much - after all, it was flying a Litchi programmed 1.5 mile mission that had previously been successful - easily within the range of the battery (88% at the point of disconnect). However, as the length of the disconnect continued long past anything I had experienced before, I did start thinking about options - go to the other side of the house, or maybe get in the car...
However, I started to hear the familiar whine of the Mavic Air, re-acquired signal on the controller, and then re-acquired line of sight. I brought it into a safe landing quickly...

On examination: user error! I had not put down the antenna flaps. Complete idiot.

So... just check those flaps are down.

Facherty: I don't know if you wrote to me or just in general, but my antennas was in correct position, also drone's antenna was good (opened legs). But IF not, there should be signal in open area, 50m above me, right?!
With airdata i analyzed signal strength, until disconnect is was 100%!
Something is definetly wrong with my remote. Will send to service, i have warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone