DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

I'll weigh up my options.
Ive done ok with no sound whatsoever for awhile now.

But Im relatively new to Mavic 2, so yep
Complete silence is certainly better than the screaming heart attack beeping! With my DIY pressure controlled volume control, I can also silence it completely, at will, by just squeezing on the bottom over the gaffers tape covering the cut off Q tip. However, with no pressure, by default, it still mews like a kitten. Best of all worlds for me, without needing to crack open the case, potentially risking other damage from my own inexperience.

The rubber cover only helps locate the correct location on the MP and M2. I'm sure someone has previously cracked open a Mavic Air controller, to replace the antennas with externals, and posted a YouTube video that would have images showing where the speaker is located. Google it. If all else fails, open it yourself, or make the hole larger. You can easily cover it over with gaffers tape. Your finger won't get lost in the hole.

I did, too!
I found exactly what you needed.
He shows you exactly where the speaker is inside at 8:49
Use that to drill another hole more closely to the correct location. Looks like it's on the other side! If you are as motivated as I was to quiet it, you'll find it! Looking at the piece he is putting the glue on, you can see the silver plate in hole in the speaker that he is gluing over. That's what you are looking for inside, when you are drilling in through the case on the other side. That's the silver piece that you need to apply pressure to from outside, to quiet it. Use a cut off Q-Tip which fits in it perfectly. Don't give up!

Last edited:
I did, too!
I found exactly what you needed.

Thank You. Of course I have find it. But it doesn't show exact position of buzzer.
And upon this video I understand that I'll never manage to (dis)assemble the controller. :oops:

After 100th time watching this video, I think I realize, that buzzer in C2 is not positioned in right part, as in C1, but in the left one. :confused:

Last edited:
It confirms the position has been moved to the opposite side, and the speaker looks identical to the one in the other Mavics. Drill another hole in the other side, and you should be golden!

Last edited:
After 100th time watching this video, I think I realize, that buzzer in C2 is not positioned in right side as in C1, but in the left one. :confused:
On second thought, I think you are correct! Keep watching it!
You'll figure it out! He has the remote set normally (right side up) instead of upside down (confirmed by DJI lettering on the remote is not upside down), and he then flips over the speaker board while adding the glue, but he does not show reinstalling the speaker board. Should be on the upper left from underneath, unlike the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2!

You can also see all the room around the black speaker tower, so there isn't anything to be damaged by gently drilling through the thin case in that area. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: funat
Buzzer is definitely on the left side (looking from back), I can hear it, but it's not around this hole.
Some trials more and I'll have an Swiss cheese instead of C2. :(

Buzzer is definitely on the left side (looking from back), I can hear it, but it's not around this hole.
Some trials more and I'll have an Swiss cheese instead of C2. :(

View attachment 78655
Swiss cheese is underrated! ?If you look at the video again, and where the speaker is, when upside down with the board installed, it should be in the upper left, rather than the center of the left side from underneath. Try and better gauge from the video where that is, and drill another hole. It's obvious from the teardown that all the components are on the top side in the Air remote, so there is little risk of damaging anything by drilling more holes in the bottom of the case to quiet the screaming child!

You're right !
I'll dig one hole more, perhaps I'll find the treasure. :)
We know it's there, and it screams for attention, so it isn't trying to hide! Best of luck! You are doing God's work! ;)

I've got it !
Mid of the buzzer is exactly here:

Attachments

• 2019.08.02_18.12.15_a.jpg
    2019.08.02_18.12.15_a.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: spicciani2
The hole to silence the buzzer on C2 should be here:

6 mm from the top of the edge of left part
19 mm to the left from right edge

To tighten the buzzer you can use 10 mm grub screw, but you have to shorten it to 6mm.

This hardware method works perfect ! With screw you precisely control the loudness.

The software method is not OK, because it shot down the sound completely, and in case of drone's accu power it is security issue.20190802_202639.jpg

Reactions: sfo
After so much drilling in my controller I just couldn't stop to drill, so I drilled the holes for rings for neck strap. :)

The Skyreat holder is bombproof, but heavy and with cellphone (not with pad) it falls forward when you let it hang.

Attachments

• 2019.08.02_20.16.47.jpg
    2019.08.02_20.16.47.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2019.08.02_20.18.06.jpg
    2019.08.02_20.18.06.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2019.08.02_20.19.00.jpg
    2019.08.02_20.19.00.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The hole to silence the buzzer on C2 should be here:

6 mm from the top of the edge of left part
19 mm to the left from right edge

To tighten the buzzer you can use 10 mm grub screw, but you have to shorten it to 6mm.

This hardware method works perfect ! With screw you precisely control the loudness.

The software method is not OK, because it shot down the sound completely, and in case of drone's accu power it is security issue.View attachment 78765
Excellent! Let the Mavic Air RC squelching begin! Necessity is the mother of invention! Well done and well documented! Thumbswayup ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: funat
After so much drilling in my controller I just couldn't stop to drill, so I drilled the holes for rings for neck strap. :)

The Skyreat holder is bombproof, but heavy and with cellphone (not with pad) it falls forward when you let it off.
Good job there, too! I use the Skyreat mount as well and the lanyard hole is sketchy at best, and hanging from it might pull out the Skyreat metal insert, dropping the RC!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31