Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

There must be more to it, but what happens if you just unplug the speaker
cable on the Mavic 2 controller?
It's such an easy solution, it never occured to me

There must be more to it, but what happens if you just unplug the speaker
cable on the Mavic 2 controller?
It's such an easy solution, it never occured to me
You have to get to it first! Far easier to drill a small hole through the case in the location appropriate for your Mavic RC model, and then apply pressure to the silver speaker part, to control the volume. Silencing it completely is not the goal. Goal is just muffling it to the mew of a kitten, instead of the heart attack beeping mode! Some volume is needed for other features, but the excessive screaming volume, once 15% battery has been reached, is very distracting to the pilot, and annoying for everyone else within 300 feet, attracting unwanted attention to yourself, just as you are trying land, blend in, and quietly walk away, without disturbing anyone!

Reactions: spicciani2
You have to get to it first! Far easier to drill a small hole through the case in the location appropriate for your Mavic RC model, and then apply pressure to the silver speaker part, to control the volume. Silencing it completely is not the goal. Goal is just muffling it to the mew of a kitten, instead of the heart attack beeping mode! Some volume is needed for other features, but the excessive screaming volume, once 15% battery has been reached, is very distracting to the pilot, and annoying for everyone else within 300 feet, attracting unwanted attention to yourself, just as you are trying land, blend in, and quietly walk away, without disturbing anyone!

Ok, but correct me if im wrong, as soon as you pop the bottom of the controller, the taped red and black wire (see attached). Isn't that the speaker cable? (per the text)

Lemme guess, it does more than just disable the speaker.

If otherwise, can you show where the the speaker is in this video. Hopefully you can access it going this far in.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 37
Ok, but correct me if im wrong, as soon as you pop the bottom of the controller, the taped red and black wire (see attached). Isn't that the speaker cable? (per the text)

Lemme guess, it does more than just disable the speaker.

If otherwise, can you show where the the speaker is in this video. Hopefully you can access it going this far in.

It appears you are asking about the Mavic 2, which is the one I have and drilled and successfully. After watching the M2 RC tear down videos, I had no desire to open the RC, so the hole drilling fulfilled all my needs. I have no reason to disbelieve the taped red and black wires are the dedicated speaker wires, but I neither wished to open the case at all, nor silence the speaker completely. An external volume control spliced into the speaker wire might work, but my own problem was more simply solved with mild pressure through the drilled hole. Why not just drill the hole, as I earlier indicated, for the Mavic 2? You can easily silence it completely through that hole, if that is your preference, by just applying more pressure.

Lol, You drill before you dismantle?

Well if theres any SilencioRC fans here (complete silence) who wished it worked for Mavic 2, it
would seem a great solution. 2 bolts and remove a cover. Reversible too

But im just jinxing myself, so I think i will just go find out what it does now. bbs

Lol, You drill before you dismantle?

Well if theres any SilencioRC fans here (complete silence) who wished it worked for Mavic 2, it
would seem a great solution. 2 bolts and remove a cover. Reversible too

But im just jinxing myself, so I think i will just go find out what it does now. bbs
Measure twice. Drill once! ;)
Different strokes for different folks. The speaker also gently reminds me if I forget to turn the RC off underneath the iPadPro, which blocks my view of it, making sure I don't try and fly on a dead RC battery, which takes 4-5 hours to fully recharge. Good luck.

As with me every simile/metaphor is a scene from a movie.
So think the The Thing Remake when she is drilling into the frozen thing,
and drills too far

That or the MAnchurian Candidate, where he drills into his head and your just hoping the bit
isn't gonna drop any bone filings back down into the guys brain.

Maybe if i didn't have to borrow a drill, id be rooting for your mod more.

I still haven't pulled that wire yet to see what happens. DJI sucks to work on at night with Neighbours. "BEEp BOOp BEEp".
Same sound, different pitch..

I own the Air and the zoom. on both of them the buzzer becomes annoying when obstacles are detected.
does anyone have any ideas as to what can be done about it. I am considering disassembly and soldering out the buzzer.
Where to drill exactly for m2zoom?
I'm not sure why you would want to silence the obstacle avoidance buzzer? It is your last line of defense if you're not paying attention is that noise worth losing your $1,500 drone?

Thank You for Your support and many thanks to founder of DronePilots !
You were the Mavic Air drilling pioneer! Reaping the rewards of the result makes all the efforts worthwhile. I love my M2 remote mod, and use the same mewing M2 RC with both my M2P and M2Z! Makes my M2 flying so much more enjoyable and annoyance free for everyone within earshot! Most never know I am even flying a drone until I hand-catch it out of the air, and quietly just walk away!

You were the Mavic Air drilling pioneer! Reaping the rewards of the result makes all the efforts worthwhile. I love my M2 remote mod, and use the same mewing M2 RC with both my M2P and M2Z! Makes my M2 flying so much more enjoyable and annoyance free for everyone within earshot! Most never know I am even flying a drone until I hand-catch it out of the air, and quietly just walk away!

He was a killa driller no doubt.
Who is he and why is he saying goodbye again?

Do a post without saying M2 and i'll believe everything you say.
You slick hand catching, Multi drone owning, beeping while mewwing, son of a gun.

Just pull that speaker cable champ.
It disables one other function, but you'll barely need it ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: USMC0351
He was a killa driller no doubt.
Who is he and why is he saying goodbye again?

Do a post without saying M2 and i'll believe everything you say.
You slick hand catching, Multi drone owning, beeping while mewwing, son of a gun.

Just pull that speaker cable champ.
It disables one other function, but you'll barely need it ThumbswayupThumbswayup
Perseverance paid off, and DJI did change the speaker location inside the Air RC!
What's not to believe? You don't like M2 as a Mavic 2 shortcut in a MavicPilots post?
Anyway, whether you silence or muffle the the MP/MPP/MA/M2 speaker is entirely up to you. It's a matter of personal preference. Muffling doesn't preclude silencing, as I can silence mine by just squeezing the pressure point at any time, but cutting an interior speaker cable precludes ever hearing a multi-purpose muffled speaker, without cracking open the case again. I prefer the volume control flexibility, crude as it is.

The hole to silence the buzzer on C2 should be here:

6 mm from the top of the edge of left part
19 mm to the left from right edge

To tighten the buzzer you can use 10 mm grub screw, but you have to shorten it to 6mm.

This hardware method works perfect ! With screw you precisely control the loudness.

The software method is not OK, because it shot down the sound completely, and in case of drone's accu power it is security issue.View attachment 78765

You just made my weekend!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Has anyone had a look at the Mini? Guesses?
My guess is that the Mini RC is closest to the Mavic Air RC, which has been discovered to have the speaker on the other side underneath. Here is where the Air hole was drilled.
46EECD8F-95D3-48B5-A442-FCCC89E3696B.jpeg

Mini buzzer is not there. All I see is a letter "R" and am not prepared to drill a larger hole.

Mini buzzer is not there. All I see is a letter "R" and am not prepared to drill a larger hole.
Thanks for being the first to try. Apparently, we'll need to wait for someone to fully crack open the Mini RC case to determine the exact speaker location. That's how it was first determined on the Mavic Pro, the M2, and the Mavic Air. The Mini RC is a very stripped down version of the Mavic RC's, so lots of parts got moved. Tear-downs of the Mini aircraft itself are already available.

I like all the feedback the controller gives. But alas, I am a noob!
The controller feedback is not the issue. It is the uncontrollable excessive volume below 15% battery, which is designed to alert anyone within 100 yards of the location of the pilot, while annoying everyone, including the pilot, who is also deliberately distracted from the primary task of landing safely! The goal of the mod is simply to be able control the volume of the speaker output.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake