DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

See initial photos above. Location unchanged. Pull back the left (viewed from above) underside rubber pad, to reveal the location to be drilled, shown in the photos. Be gentle and don't go very deep! She's a virgin!
Thank you, but I still haven’t got the guts to do it to my mavic 2 controller. Also a bit unsure how to “silence” the buzzer, which kind of force to apply to it to shut it up, but not do any collateral.

Thank you, but I still haven’t got the guts to do it to my mavic 2 controller. Also a bit unsure how to “silence” the buzzer, which kind of force to apply to it to shut it up, but not do any collateral.
See posts #4 and #5 above on Page 1 by Jamie lisburn. Good luck!

Last edited:
I didn’t want to mute it totally , so peeled back rubber , drilled , and pushed a bit of rubber against speakers , refitted rubber , and you’d never know it was touched ,
Just push rubber in until it’s hitting speaker , turn on control and try the beeping , if still to loud then push it in further so as it’s putting more pressure on speaker
Worked like a charm on my M2! Used a 3/32" drill bit and gently drilled through the case, until it broke through, exposing the silver of the speaker about 3/8" below the exterior surface. I used a toothpick to test the functionality, measured the depth needed, and then replaced it with a Q Tip shaft, which is my new volume control! Now it mews like kitten, instead of beeping in heart attack mode! With full pressure, I can silence it completely. I cut off the remaining Q Tip head and shortened the cardboard stick to just long enough to be able to remove it, and taped over it with gaffers tape. Very happy! Now I won't reveal my location to everyone within 200 yards when landing below 15% battery! Stealth mode on the controller enabled! Thumbswayup

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

Worked like a charm on my M2! Used a 3/32" drill bit and gently drilled through the case, until it broke through, exposing the silver of the speaker about 3/8" below the exterior surface. I used a toothpick to test the functionality, measured the depth needed, and then replaced it with a Q Tip shaft, which is my new volume control! Now it mews like kitten, instead of beeping in heart attack mode! With full pressure, I can silence it completely. I cut off the remaining Q Tip head and shortened the cardboard stick to just long enough to be able to remove it, and taped over it with gaffers tape. Very happy! Now I won't reveal my location to everyone within 200 yards when landing below 15% battery! Stealth mode on the controller enabled! Thumbswayup
Thanks so much for sharing!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks so much for sharing!
In hindsight, there is really no reason to pull back the rubber, as it just tears anyway. Might as well keep it in place, and just drill the hole through it. Just drill the hole in the exact same spot. Voids warranty on the controller, but they never crash or fail anyway! Better to have a kitten than a screaming child! :cool:

Finally got the guts to do the same to my mavic 2 zoom controller.
Didn't peel back the entire rubber as suggested by GadgetGuy, just drilled very gently at the location indicated by previous posts. That took about 10 minutes with a worn out drill, which I still recommend over trying to do it in 1 minute.
Waited for the silver coloured buzzer to appear.
Tested it with a toothpick to understand the pressure needed.
As it turned out to need quite some pressure to silence it, I used one of the tiniest screws I had lying around. To ensure it didn't stick out too much, I've even sawn off couple of mm with an iron hacksaw.
Not quite necessary, but to ensure a proper fix I applied some strong adhesive. Actually this was overkill.

Just took the m2z out for a spin, landing at 12% with a hand-catch... without that deafening alarm bell around my neck... aaah, just perfect!

Now obviously the auditive hint is actually useful... IF only DJI had let us acknowledge it and then continue further focusing on the landing without drawing each and everyone's attention.

Still, very happy with the outcome, thanks again!
1552153187697.png

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this with a Mavic Air Remote, and can confirm the location to drill? Sure wish @silencio was available, but it looks like that's not gonna happen.

Finally got the guts to do the same to my mavic 2 zoom controller.
Didn't peal back the entire rubber as suggested by GadgetGuy, just drilled very gently at the location indicated by previous posts. That took about 10 minutes with a worn out drill, which I still recommend over trying to do it in 1 minute.
Waited for the silver coloured buzzer to appear.
Tested it with a toothpick to understand the pressure needed.
As it turned out to need quite some pressure to silence it, I used one of the tiniest screws I had lying around. To ensure it didn't stick out too much, I've even sawn off couple of mm with an iron hacksaw.
Not quite necessary, but to ensure a proper fix I applied some strong adhesive. Actually this was overkill.

Just took the m2z out for a spin, landing at 12% with a hand-catch... without that deafening alarm bell around my neck... aaah, just perfect!

Now obviously the auditive hint is actually useful... IF only DJI had let us acknowledge it and then continue further focusing on the landing without drawing each and everyone's attention.

Still, very happy with the outcome, thanks again!
View attachment 65489
The screw is a nice touch! I didn't want to totally silence mine, so I left some room to apply additional pressure, in case I did, by immediately applying finger pressure on the piece sticking out. However, I like the adjustment capability of the screw, if you want to dial in changes, or easily remove it. Yours looks a lot cleaner than mine, and is the perfect way lock it in place for a specific volume level, or total silence. Thanks for improving on it!

Has anyone tried this with a Mavic Air Remote, and can confirm the location to drill? Sure wish @silencio was available, but it looks like that's not gonna happen.
No reason to assume it is any different place. Just follow our leads!

Silencing the alarm is great (specially with SilencioRC app).
You can hear dogs barking in the distance when the controller goes off i swear.

I'll say this though, If you using an Antenna Booster
And your a 'landing with %10 battery' is as good a landing as any, type Flyer.
Then you do have to be a bit more on point with Silencio.

Dont get me wrong, Loud beeping when your in trouble doesnt help anything.
But id pay euros for the option of an occasional beep, or single beep at a set battery %.
Just my 2 sense

Silencing the alarm is great (specially with SilencioRC app).
You can hear dogs barking in the distance when the controller goes off i swear.

I'll say this though, If you using an Antenna Booster
And your a 'landing with %10 battery' is as good a landing as any, type Flyer.
Then you do have to be a bit more on point with Silencio.

Dont get me wrong, Loud beeping when your in trouble doesnt help anything.
But id pay euros for the option of an occasional beep, or single beep at a set battery %.
Just my 2 sense
Best not to silence it completely. Using pressure to turn the heart attack beeping into a mewing kitten is really the best solution, as totally silencing it deprives you of the useful reminder beeping, when you forget to turn off the remote, which would otherwise lead to a dead remote, and the helpful bootup and bootdown chirps. It makes flying down to 0%, or lower, a joy, instead of a fingernails on a chalkboard situation!

Best not to silence it completely. Using pressure to turn the heart attack beeping into a mewing kitten is really the best solution, as totally silencing it deprives you of the useful reminder beeping, when you forget to turn off the remote, which would otherwise lead to a dead remote, and the helpful bootup and bootdown chirps. It makes flying down to 0%, or lower, a joy, instead of a fingernails on a chalkboard situation!

I've never forgotten to turn the remote off, but i did not hold the button long enough once, and it stayed on.
Noticed it when got home luckily.

Ive considered using the shareware version, more to remind me that their will be no "Master Alarm" from then on.
But it is painful if your ever working on your drone (thin walls, neighbours)

But you have to pay for each time you silence the controller (I think)

If I got a licence or reciept Number when i paid, i dont know where it went?

I've never forgotten to turn the remote off, but i did not hold the button long enough once, and it stayed on.
Noticed it when got home luckily.

Ive considered using the shareware version, more to remind me that their will be no "Master Alarm" from then on.
But it is painful if your ever working on your drone (thin walls, neighbours)

But you have to pay for each time you silence the controller (I think)

If I got a licence or reciept Number when i paid, i dont know where it went?
I have the Mavic 2, so my only option was the "brute force" method of drilling the hole in the perfect spot, and pushing in a toothpick to the point of resistance, cutting it off, and leaving just enough sticking out, to act as a crude volume control, where full pressure silences it completely, but taping over it with gaffers tape applies enough pressure to get it to mew very quietly like a kitten in another room. Makes all the difference! Before, she sounded like Hillary! Now she just purrs quietly, like my GF! ;)

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
I have the Mavic 2, so my only option was the "brute force" method of drilling the hole in the perfect spot, and pushing in a toothpick to the point of resistance, cutting it off, and leaving just enough sticking out, to act as a crude volume control, where full pressure silences it completely, but taping over it with gaffers tape applies enough pressure to get it to mew very quietly like a kitten in another room. Makes all the difference! Before, she sounded like Hillary! Now she just purrs quietly, like my GF! ;)

I could build a Fort with the spare controllers I have, so I might give the ***** mod a go ;)

However I think I will strip it down and stuff the piezo with Blu-Tak, like i Do on my PC.
I dont like the idea of a screw sticking out on my palms flying

I could build a Fort with the spare controllers I have, so I might give the ***** mod a go ;)

However I think I will strip it down and stuff the piezo with Blu-Tak, like i Do on my PC.
I dont like the idea of a screw sticking out on my palms flying
Rather than a screw, try a cutoff toothpick, covered with a layer of gaffers tape. It becomes an additional control button on the underside of the RC! If it needs to be completely silenced, just apply more pressure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming