Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The controller feedback is not the issue. It is the uncontrollable excessive volume below 15% battery, which is designed to alert anyone within 100 yards of the location of the pilot, while annoying everyone, including the pilot, who is also deliberately distracted from the primary taskof landing safely!
Likely related to product liability concerns of DJI.... a simple warning on screen and ability to silence the beeping would seem fine to me.

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
Likely related to product liability concerns of DJI.... a simple warning on screen and ability to silence the beeping would seem fine to me.
Indeed, plus aiding LEO's in locating the pilot!
The drilling method worked perfectly for me! One muffled RC and both an M2P and M2PZ that share the same controller and iPad!

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
New teardown of Mavic Mini RC shows speaker location.
I hope someone else is better at determining where this is from the outside for drilling.
4636960F-31C1-4230-84BC-09C6B7F200F4.jpeg

Cicero24

Reaction score
I just unsoldered the mini rc speaker. Problem solved. Going to do it to my M2P as well.

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
I just unsoldered the mini rc speaker. Problem solved. Going to do it to my M2P as well.
While that definitely silences it, the preferred method is to muffle it, with pressure applied to the vibrating speaker membrane, so that you can still barely hear it, but only you can hear it, instead of everyone within 500 feet!

Cicero24

Reaction score
My preferred method was complete silence. Very easy to accomplish. 10 minutes and done.

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
My preferred method was complete silence. Very easy to accomplish. 10 minutes and done.
De gustibus non est disputandum! ;)
Personally, I like hearing the video file segment recording confirmations, and other helpful sounds.

Cicero24

Reaction score
To each their own. Most sounds are in-app sounds as you described. Without the speaker you still get shutter/recording sound, low battery warning in app on your device. You just don't get those awful high pitched tones blaring from your remote controller. Just throwing out another option for those interested. Two solder points and I can always remount it in the future if I ever wish with little work and no damage. ✌🏼

Freebunny

Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to open my Mavic Mini controller soon to install Alientech antenna, and I am planning to completely silence my controller forever while it's open. I understand that the speaker is has shown on this picture. What is the best way to break it without damaging the controller? I am not equipped to melt solder.

Attachments

GadgetGuy

Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to open my Mavic Mini controller soon to install Alientech antenna, and I am planning to completely silence my controller forever while it's open. I understand that the speaker is has shown on this picture. What is the best way to break it without damaging the controller? I am not equipped to melt solder.
Just stuff something inside that applies direct pressure against the silver vibrating surface, physically preventing it from vibrating. That's how we silence it on the Mavic 2 controller.

Reactions: ChrisPilot136
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimecounty