DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Silhouette - Utilizing Black Foreground for Effect

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My latest cinematic endeavor. I had great difficulty with many of the shots in post. The crushed black areas were pulsing in sync the rear light pulses on my M2P... certainly an unusual situation. But I suppressed the interference by applying color shape masks to those areas and cut their exposure way down.
Enjoy!

Update: here’s a link to the issue with black areas in video with the M2P.
Thread 'M2P video interference when crushing blacks'
M2P video interference when crushing blacks
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/strobe-lights-effect-on-video.130148/post-1470351

Last edited:
Some Master full shots , I really enjoyed it and very inspired by it as well. Yana and Taiko were a blast dancing in the sky.
So much Cinema effects being created , lots to learn from this as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

Some Master full shots , I really enjoyed it and very inspired by it as well. Yana and Taiko were a blast dancing in the sky.
So much Cinema effects being created , lots to learn from this as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .
Thanks. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

My latest cinematic endeavor. I had great difficulty with many of the shots in post. The crushed black areas were pulsing in sync the rear light pulses on my M2P... certainly an unusual situation. But I suppressed the interference by applying color shape masks to those areas and cut their exposure way down.
Enjoy!

Post in thread 'Strobe lights-effect on video'
Strobe lights-effect on video
I LOVVVED this! So creative! So pleasing and beautiful to watch. Extremely well done and professional. Your captures were stunning. You have a future in Hollywood!

Dale
Miami

Wow! That was beautiful. So many clever effects too.

I like that composite of the sky changing, starting at 2:58.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out how you did that. Especially because there was an interesting streak in the sky that looked like a comet trail which didn't move at all through any of the shots. But then I realized it was just a greasy fingerprint on my screen! D'oh!

I LOVVVED this! So creative! So pleasing and beautiful to watch. Extremely well done and professional. Your captures were stunning. You have a future in Hollywood!

Dale
Miami
Dale, thank you for your kind words. Glad you liked it. Hopefully someday I’ll be back with something new.

Wow! That was beautiful. So many clever effects too.

I like that composite of the sky changing, starting at 2:58.

I was scratching my head trying to figure out how you did that. Especially because there was an interesting streak in the sky that looked like a comet trail which didn't move at all through any of the shots. But then I realized it was just a greasy fingerprint on my screen! D'oh!
Thanks. I’m glad you picked up on that “transition” segment. That was a combination of clips captured over several weeks. I marked a spot on my lawn to hover over, then pointed the camera at an object (a bush) in my backyard. I then turned on tripod mode and recorded as I flew directly up. The clips were matched in post by using the foreground trees. The effect I was going for was exactly what you picked up on… a consistent moving foreground with a changing sky.

Reactions: Zbip57
Enjoy!

Post in thread 'Strobe lights-effect on video'
Strobe lights-effect on video
Refreshing and lovely to watch, you have inspired me to dust off my M2P and get out there again.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Refreshing and lovely to watch, you have inspired me to dust off my M2P and get out there again.
Thanks. Get out there and do something unique!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078