DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Silverado Canyon, California

Joe Horn

Reactions
A cumulonimbus cloud towers over the desert behind the local mountains. St Michael's Abbey in Silverado Canyon (my home) is in the foreground. The Mini 3 Pro was in Auto photo mode, AEB 5-photo. The 5 images were combined with Dynamic Photo HDR software. No further adjustments were necessary.

EDIT -- Oops, forgot to mention that the drone was only about 30 feet above the canyon wall behind the abbey.

DJI_0709_textured.jpg

Good eye, beautiful photo.

Another HDR combo of this evening's sunset (same process as above). QUESTION to y'all: How on earth is the Mini 3's AEB mode so incredibly STABLE? The 5 bracketed shots are always perfectly aligned, even better than when I use a DSLR on a tripod! Does the M3P use some kind of automatic subject lock to make the gimbal keep the camera absolutely motionless? I don't want to sound like a gushing fanboy, but wow, this AEB mode deserves high praise.

Attachments

• DJI_0608-7.jpg
    DJI_0608-7.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
A cumulonimbus cloud towers over the desert behind the local mountains. St Michael's Abbey in Silverado Canyon (my home) is in the foreground. The Mini 3 Pro was in Auto photo mode, AEB 5-photo. The 5 images were combined with Dynamic Photo HDR software. No further adjustments were necessary.

EDIT -- Oops, forgot to mention that the drone was only about 30 feet above the canyon wall behind the abbey.

View attachment 156109
I am having a hard time trying to visualise exactly where you were controlling your drone from? Did you climb to the top of the mountain behind the Abbey?

View attachment 156109
Just beautiful keep the good work

I am having a hard time trying to visualise exactly where you were controlling your drone from? Did you climb to the top of the mountain behind the Abbey?

No, I was standing in the abbey's parking lot. So the drone was roughly 600 to 800 feet above me, and about 30 feet above the ground directly below it.

That's a beautiful shot! Love that cloud formation!

You truly deserve a medal, and I will try to follow your excellent example, and not cause any major air disasters ... with my under 250 gram drone ... you got any idea how much a magpie goose weighs? and there are millions around where I fly ...

I'm convinced that folks who are complaining about their Mini 3 Pro having a lousy camera either got a lemon or are using it wrong. Here's a recent sunset as seen by my Mini 3 Pro. Pretty clear, yes?

Attachments

• DJI_0514-7.jpg
    DJI_0514-7.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78