DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skiing with Osmo Pocket

We have one too. Great dogs! sometimes more energy than I can handle but never a dull moment.
Ha, never a dull moment for sure. Carson is such a ham in front of the camera.

Reactions: Doecliff
Great video - just so much joy in the two of you sharing the snow.
The osmo pocket is ideal in that scenario- small and lightweight.
I've used mine this weekend just experimenting with it tracking my car at walking pace at a distance of about 20 to 30 feet. The trouble was the focus just kept hunting. It would find sharp focus then move off for the clip.
With your dog so often very close to the camera you must have had a very shallow depth of field at times- did you find the focus was off on a significant number of shots?
Obviously all one ones in your edit were fine but I was wondering what percentage of the original footage you had to bin for poor focus?
I am on the latest firmware which I know stressed some focusing issues.
Thanks for sharing

great video and excellent exposure in the snow. Did you use the auto setting for exposure or set things manually? What did you use for the aerial shots?

Reminded me of my childhood and my dogs in Oh High Yo. Loved the Winters back then but, glad I live way south now. Thanks for the clip, I loved it, especially the snow around Carson's mouth.

I've used mine this weekend just experimenting with it tracking my car at walking pace at a distance of about 20 to 30 feet. The trouble was the focus just kept hunting. It would find sharp focus then move off for the clip.
With your dog so often very close to the camera you must have had a very shallow depth of field at times- did you find the focus was off on a significant number of shots?
Obviously all one ones in your edit were fine but I was wondering what percentage of the original footage you had to bin for poor focus?
Thanks for sharing
I have not experienced excess focus hunting at all. I might have had 2 clips out of 40 from the whole day where the OP focused on the background and not Carson. I have noticed that the Slo-Mo footage looks better than the 4K/60 have you tried Slo-Mo?
Mike

great video and excellent exposure in the snow. Did you use the auto setting for exposure or set things manually? What did you use for the aerial shots?
All done with auto exposure. Aerials were done with my Mavic 2 Pro.

I have not experienced excess focus hunting at all. I might have had 2 clips out of 40 from the whole day where the OP focused on the background and not Carson. I have noticed that the Slo-Mo footage looks better than the 4K/60 have you tried Slo-Mo?
Mike
That's interesting. I did three takes tracking a red car against a green background (with chrome and black grill to focus on) and all three occasions the OP found perfect focus then moved off even before the subject started to movr. I was using tracking mode though and it was an overcast day - not like your bright sunshine.
Were you tracking Carson? Of just free hand.

That's interesting. I did three takes tracking a red car against a green background (with chrome and black grill to focus on) and all three occasions the OP found perfect focus then moved off even before the subject started to movr. I was using tracking mode though and it was an overcast day - not like your bright sunshine.
Were you tracking Carson? Of just free hand.
Just freehand and yes I had great light.

Thanks for sharing

This post may explain what you are experiencing. AFS or AFC

This post may explain what you are experiencing. AFS or AFC
No, in this case the object was initially static. When I selected the car as the subject to follow it focuses for a split second then moves out of focus and holds that out of focus position.

I couldn't use AFS as I intended the subject to move relative to the camera and wanted it to follow focus. It did hunt once moving as well but I could accept that in such a device. It was the failer to phocus initially that worries me. I repeated the shots 3 times and on none of the takes did it correctly focus on the start position.

I will test more this weekend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803