DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins provide better visibility?

Just put on Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. They were super

I just put on be Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. Went on easy and looks great. $32 for the drone and 2 extra battery skins. They have a 25% off coupon.
The face on my drone came from Amazon, $5
of course the OP wants to know if the skin aids visibility while flying.
Answer is not after 150-200’...

Just put on Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. They were super

I just put on be Decalgirl skins a couple days ago. Went on easy and looks great. $32 for the drone and 2 extra battery skins. They have a 25% off coupon.
Much more vis
of course the OP wants to know if the skin aids visibility while flying.
Answer is not after 150-200’...
Much more visible.

Attachments

• 20200121_115541.jpg
    20200121_115541.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
I searched the furom but didnt find an answer. If I put on an orange skin for example, will I have better visibility?
And if so, although everyone reccomend decalegirl I saw that slickwraps cost half. Are they any good?
yes i purchase 3 sets from her

As far as skins... and speaking of full wraps. I have tried several brands. I now use Wrapgrade exclusively even though more costly. They are thicker and overlap panels about 1mm giving full coverage except for stripes on the front arms and GJI logo on the rear. The best IMHO.
Pics of mine after wrap with Celeste Blue below,. Went to this color after learning that I couldn’t see the color beyond about 200’ ...love the way it changes in the light.

190D4DC6-49B9-493C-80A5-DCC2F74FF8E2.jpegB2ACF12D-33D7-4200-9622-B2166E6DF38E.jpegED89221A-D6E0-4E2C-9B0A-1F992383A93C.jpeg8EF6731C-1697-46B5-A0AB-EE5EE49AEEA8.jpeg

Reactions: GregE
Im debating getting a set of skins for my M2P. I think skins value is in cool factor on the ground and visibility if I have an "off site" landing. Once in the air, it doesnt matter much. Ill probably go with something high-vis so I can see it if its in the weeds.

Im debating getting a set of skins for my M2P. I think skins value is in cool factor on the ground and visibility if I have an "off site" landing. Once in the air, it doesnt matter much. Ill probably go with something high-vis so I can see it if its in the weeds.
Will definitely help, but strobes and/ or a finder system recommended.

Reactions: BigAl07
Much more vis

Much more visible.

Close proximity visibility yes but at a distance not at all. Once the aircraft is far enough away to where it's a dark spot it doesn't matter if it's Orange, Yellow, Chartreuse or white.... it will be a dark spot. This happens a lot closer than most people realize.

I searched the furom but didnt find an answer. If I put on an orange skin for example, will I have better visibility?
And if so, although everyone reccomend decalegirl I saw that slickwraps cost half. Are they any good?
[/QUOTE]

At a longer distance as others have mentioned they all look BLACK in the sky however there is another distance where we
spend most of our time recording and this distance is when the Color of the Wet Suit we use matters.

The Most important aspect of this type of flying is Quick Orientation of the drone when flying in the Sun.
This is where having a Two Toned Wet Suit provides the quickest orientation.

This is also where have a shiny neon skin does nothing but reflect in the sun making orientation a little more difficult the last thing you want.

If your going to put something on your drone , make it so your drone is more functional.

Phantomrain.org
Email me at [email protected]
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Ok, they’re all dark specs in the sky, but what about on the ground? I put a yellow skin on my M2Z primarily to make it easier to find in the forest or grass if it should crash. I picked a color that is bright and not commonly found in the local vegetation. Seems good in theory, but does anyone have actual experience with this?

Ok, they’re all dark specs in the sky, but what about on the ground? I put a yellow skin on my M2Z primarily to make it easier to find in the forest or grass if it should crash. I picked a color that is bright and not commonly found in the local vegetation. Seems good in theory, but does anyone have actual experience with this?

We make the Wet Suit and they all come with 4 Color Designs.

Red and Black is best for Day and Tree Flying
Neon Blue and Black is best for flying at Dusk
Eclipse or All Black is best for flying in White Skys
ORCA - This is the Black and White perfect for flying over the Water.

Most of us have a specific area where we fly the most so choosing your best color is easy since the Wet Suits come with all 4 Color Designs.

We offer a nice package for the Forum Members.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

We make the Wet Suit and they all come with 4 Color Designs.

Red and Black is best for Day and Tree Flying
Neon Blue and Black is best for flying at Dusk
Eclipse or All Black is best for flying in White Skys
ORCA - This is the Black and White perfect for flying over the Water.

Most of us have a specific area where we fly the most so choosing your best color is easy since the Wet Suits come with all 4 Color Designs.

We offer a nice package for the Forum Members.

View attachment 92022
Do you have an opinion on how a skin may be helpful in keeping birds from attacking the drone? Thanks

Reactions: ThatOneGuy
Do you have an opinion on how a skin may be helpful in keeping birds from attacking the drone? Thanks

You'd think it would make a difference.
If nothing else, a bright skin might make an aircraft look like less of a predator / threat, also perhaps easier to spot in the air for VLOS with some colours.

I wonder if these silver holographic type skins might deter birds ?
They seem to be popular for orchids / winery vines etc to keep birds away (hung in strips above crops).

502915203_480x416.jpg

This one is here Holographic Mavic Skin
Have seen most skins sites carry similar looking product.

Reactions: Bob4131
i put a red wrap on my mavic pro to aid in finding it if something happened . well something happened and i still don,t have the drone GOOD LUCK

Not to be off topic, but may I ask what is the best color to NOT be seen in the sky from the ground?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661