DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydio 2 - pre-orders open at $999 US Only so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just chatted with one of their support person about 2 things I was curious about.

The max flying height limit is 100 meters.

The supplied charger is 5V 3A, so you can charge this drone in the field with a portable battery pack.

The controller looks exactly like the Parrot Anafi controller.

I just chatted with one of their support person about 2 things I was curious about.

The max flying height limit is 100 meters.

The supplied charger is 5V 3A, so you can charge this drone in the field with a portable battery pack.
100 meters is plenty
The controller looks exactly like the Parrot Anafi controller.
Thats because it is...

I'm sorry to say but the Skydio brand is just a novelty drone... no real purpose but to chase one around the planet.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
If it’s as described...count me in on a couple of them just for the fun of it!!! That’s cool!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I'm sorry to say but the Skydio brand is just a novelty drone... no real purpose but to chase one around the planet.

There's an army of millennials and their selfie addiction that would pounce on a truly autonomous UAS.

Reactions: JS1600
Nope.

While I'm not giving up my livery of Mavics, I *HAVE* pre-ordered the Skydio 2 because most of my flying recently has been THROUGH rather than above the forests. Makes for much more interesting videos, IMHO.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
Looks impressive the way it follows and avoids obstacle's "apparently" at high speed !!
Not sure I could trust the automated avoidance with that amount of money, and it doesn't seem to fold up so could be a bit bulky for some !!!
A good Idea to hang back and see what the feed back will be in a couple of months before you splash the cash.

Not sure I could trust the automated avoidance with that amount of money, and it doesn't seem to fold up so could be a bit bulky for some !!!

Look up the R1 model on YT, the company has proven their software is leaps and bounds better than anyone. They also have an exceptional warranty on the UAS which has also been reviewed as unheard of in this community.

I'm not even interested in the UAS, just very impressed with what they've delivered, didn't think this type of sophisticated autonomous flying was possible yet.

Look up the R1 model on YT, the company has proven their software is leaps and bounds better than anyone. They also have an exceptional warranty on the UAS which has also been reviewed as unheard of in this community.

I'm not even interested in the UAS, just very impressed with what they've delivered, didn't think this type of sophisticated autonomous flying was possible yet.

I read that this is a US product. If so, its important as at the moment the majority of flyers in the US are relying on software written in China that is reviewed and certified by nobody. Consider the FAA's position: they are being asked to allow BVLOS or autonomous flight of drones in the NAS yet they have no software quality assurance at all. Geofencing is the preferred way to keep idiots out of controlled airspace, yet the FAA has zero control on how that is implemented in the DJI range of products. If Skydio is smart enough to play the 'software written in the USA' card it will help them win market share.

Reactions: MaviCam
I’m not understanding all the “hate” of this drone. I’m a part 107 pilot but I was a RC hobbyist way before. This drone is cool. As my wife says...it’s a toy. Lol. Relax folks...the government won’t confiscate your current toy and force you to switch over to this toy. Hahaha.

Looks like there first November batch sold out in a day. Next batch slated for January 2020.

I got my pre order in the first day so hopefully will get one by next month.

I was impressed with the Skydio R1 but price and featured it was not quite there.

The Skydio 2 looks like they got there act together with great features and performance.

American ingenuity, design, build and manufacturing puts the Skydio leaps and bounds ahead of all other drones in its class!

What really interesting about this drone is that they our using Strong NEO MAGNETS to hold the battery in place. I am in awe as im not sure how they managed that.

The Camera has an open design and because of that it not at all weather resistant for rain or snow

How did they shield the magnets is what I have asked them .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal .

What really interesting about this drone is that they our using Strong NEO MAGNETS to hold the battery in place. I am in awe as im not sure how they managed that.

The Camera has an open design and because of that it not at all weather resistant for rain or snow

How did they shield the magnets is what I have asked them .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal .
The magnets are interesting, we will have to wait to see how they have that set up.

I avoid wet weather, none of the drones are waterproof.

I think my first 3D project will be to build some landing legs that won't interfere with there OA.

Sounds neat, but I’ll wait for the next revision, 23 minutes sounds like you’ll need a lot of batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d