DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sleepy battery

Lokomaz

Reactions
I bought a Fly More Kit, how long can i leave a new uncharged battery asleep.
How long it can remain unactivated.
I apologize for the Google translation

When a new battery haven't been charged yet it should be in hibernation ... meaning that the BMS chip is deactivated but the battery itself is on a healthy storage voltage (3,7-3,8V/cell). Pure technical this means that the battery are in the least wearing & damaging state & you should be able to have it there for a very long period.

But as you can't check if the battery is OK on arrival, no leds will turn on if pushing the battery button for instance ... the battery could be DOA ... so I would wake it up just before the battery warranty expires which nowadays is a 12 month period from the purchasing date I believe, if the battery turns out to be dead then, you could claim warranty. In this way you at least save your self a year of no tear & wear if you don't immediately needs the battery.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
wake it up just before the battery warranty expires which nowadays is a 12 month period from the purchasing date I believe,
Yes I think it was around August last year they doubled the warranty period on batteries to 12 months.
Applies to more recent drone models, not sure which, probably in their warranty policies somewhere in their site.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna