DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart contoller and alienware booster

RichieFromBoston

Reactions
Ok I just got back form a 30 day road trip and my smart controller and AW booster are here. I have no idea how to use either. But I cannot use my phone anymore to controller MP2 and I go to a lot of canyons and mtn tops so the booster seemed like a good idea. any tips fellas?/ also the MP2 tracked me on profile perfectly at 13K ft

Have you see this video:" As much as I would like to do it , I would imagine the first time round making some critical mistakes. Extreme Caution is needed. Its beyond me sorry to say.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
Have you see this video:" As much as I would like to do it , I would imagine the first time round making some critical mistakes. Extreme Caution is needed. Its beyond me sorry to say.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

hey... im having the same exact mod done to my SmartController... i had to ship my SC to a drone-tech shop in Hong Kong to have my SC modification & installation done...! heres the business card in which Alientech is in conjunction with in getn the SC done... their on FB also to see more of this shops work, i believe the instal-techs name is Mr.Chan.... good luck...! IMG_6972.JPG
b6a4dd3af57c90af49a0ccf615f9213b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
Coal
I did not see this video, and had no idea the booster required taking SC apart.

Last edited:

I have watched it a few times and the struggle is real. lol
Make sure you use the hot gun with the nozzle and not just an open hot gun. Step. 1

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
just got word that my modded SmartController is completed & shipped,cant wait to attach my signal booster & see what it can do.....IMG_7144.JPG
9ee4f65d2c1c1bc094383a2d3e0cec5d.jpg
d4b2f349a4ce3e2f5fbc1b0dc57799a6.jpg

Last edited:
what did it cost total and how long?

$120 ...that includes the mod install, the shipping to & from HK,that doesnt include the signal amp which is either the DUO 2.4 & 5.8ghz non-amped (passive) or their battery amped-boosted PRO model, available in either in 2.4 or 5.8 additional accessories also...
cf0afb5fa1507d79115170e88a5d7374.jpg

Last edited:
$120 ...that includes the mod install, the shipping to & from HK,that doesnt include the signal amp which is either the DUO 2.4 & 5.8ghz non-amped (passive) or their battery amped-boosted PRO model, available in either in 2.4 or 5.8 additional accessories also...
cf0afb5fa1507d79115170e88a5d7374.jpg
i STILL MAY NEED TO TRY IT MYSELF, iM LIKE THAT BUT THATS A SCORE. I ALREADY BOUGHT 2.4 GHZ UNIT ITS HERE

thats what came in yesterday, the PRO 2.4ghz. i also have an extra SC mod kit w/antenna cables im lookn to sell ,i dont know why i was shipped an extra when i prepaid for one as the install...

What kind of range do you get with this kit I can't seem to find anyone that can say how far you get with this mod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes