DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller not being recognized on my PC or laptop in the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic app.

Vader Zoom 01

Reactions
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue. I have the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic on both my pc and laptop and when I plug the smart controller into either one I get this message, "current charging speed is slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times on my computers and still get this message. When I first used the Smart Controller I never had this issue, but it accrued after one of the updates of the controller and I don't know which update. I've had this controller for 3 years now and love it but this is frustrating that it won't update with one of my computers and have to update over the wifi on the controller.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue. I have the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic on both my pc and laptop and when I plug the smart controller into either one I get this message, "current charging speed is slow. Please use the charger that comes with the device for a faster charging speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times on my computers and still get this message. When I first used the Smart Controller I never had this issue, but it accrued after one of the updates of the controller and I don't know which update. I've had this controller for 3 years now and love it but this is frustrating that it won't update with one of my computers and have to update over the wifi on the controller.
I just went and tried mine to check what procedure I use. I turn on the SC and wait for the main splash screen. Then plug it into the computer (I always try to use the same cable), and shortly after doing so I get the how you want to share data notice, and then right over the top of that the notice about charging slow. I just ignore all of those and start the DJI assistant 2 and it finds the smart controller. Then click the smart controller icon and it is connected and shows mine as v01.01.0064 (current). My PC is running windows 10 by the way. Possibly try a different USB to USB C cable. I don't use the original cable, I have it but use it by the charger and keep a different one by the computer for hookup to the computer.

Reactions: Vader Zoom 01
I get the how you want to share data notice
I don't see that notice on my controller.

I have tried DJI Assistant 2 on two computers and used two different cables. The Smart Controller will not connect as is had in the past and the computers do not even see it as a drive. However, my SC Pro connects to the DJI Assistant 2 on both computers.

I don't see that notice on my controller.

I have tried DJI Assistant 2 on two computers and used two different cables. The Smart Controller will not connect as is had in the past and the computers do not even see it as a drive. However, my SC Pro connects to the DJI Assistant 2 on both computers.
Well, that would indicate that it's not an assistant 2 issue, because you should get that notice before you even start assistant 2 at all. I have no ideas what to try 😕

Yes, definitely not being seen as a USB device. I considered doing a Factory Data Reset, but for now will use WiFi, if an update is needed.

Try to make sure the SC is powered on before you plug it in to your PC's USB port. I know with my GoPro, that is the sequence. I haven't tried my SC recently as I typically update over WiFi when fully charged.

I did. The SC connected in the past, but not now.
Hmm, interesting....I seem to recall that if I used the SC's original USB-C cable it worked fine but did not if I used one from my parts bin. Worth a try?

> if I used the SC's original USB-C cable it worked fine but did not if I used one from my parts bin. Worth a try?
I don't even know where the original cable is. The USC-C cables I have tried are new and work with the SC Pro and various drones.

I don't even know where the original cable is. The USC-C cables I have tried are new and work with the SC Pro and various drones.
I'm not sure then....like I said though, I use WiFi for my updates.

Hi Reid,
I have the same problem but mine even worse - my display is somehow dead as well, I mean it suddenly turned black but the backlight does work when I turn the SC on

As for your question - I read something interesting the other day, you should try it
go into your android menu on your SC, look for the Developer section, and then look for "USB debugging ", Enable it, and then try to connect it again and see if it works for you.

Put the link for the solution:

Hope it works for you.

As for your question - I read something interesting the other day, you should try it
go into your android menu on your SC, look for the Developer section, and then look for "USB debugging ", Enable it, and then try to connect it again and see if it works for you.
Thanks, that worked, although "USB debugging" did not appear until I tapped the System Version seven times to enable it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos