DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart controller screen turning off when flying the mavic 2 pro

MissJ

Reactions
I have only had the smart controller for about a week. The screen has been turning off after about a minute or so while flying my Mavic 2. I am still able to control it to bring it down, using visual line of sight. But I am nervous about needing to rely up it, especially if I am flying it over water....

Anyone else having this issue?

Firmware is up-to-date on both the Mavic and the controller.

Reactions: TampaTC
That really shouldn't happen!
The SC display has the option for a Sleep setting from 1-30 minutes but that should apply only when it is idle.
What is your Sleep setting on?

I would try a Factory Data Reset under Settings > Personal.

It is turning off or is the screen dropping out of GO4. When I first started flying with it, I would sometimes accidently bump the return button next to the left joy stick and it would leave the app. Just something to check.

Reactions: ff22 and Gindra
If above doesn’t work just contact DJI and send it back unless the place of purchase will replace it.

Its a app problem, it has happen to me too. This is one reason VLOS is so important. It has started happening to me since the last update to the aircraft. It only effects the video/App. The control is still fully functional due to being a different connection and process.
A pop up comes up saying that DJI4go has stopped.
Click the pop-up.
The DJI4go splash screen comes on
Click to start the app again
It comes right back
If you were using one of the auto modes it would still be doing that. If recording it would still be recording.

I really think it is because of a firmware mismatch of some kind.

I had the same issue. So I took advice and updated to the latest go 4 app, there’s a good tutorial on here somewhere. Then I backed up my data by uploading it then I cleared the app data from the go4 folder. And not seen the issue since

Reactions: TampaTC and kloogee
Reactions: Royston James
I have only had the smart controller for about a week. The screen has been turning off after about a minute or so while flying my Mavic 2. I am still able to control it to bring it down, using visual line of sight. But I am nervous about needing to rely up it, especially if I am flying it over water....

Anyone else having this issue?

Firmware is up-to-date on both the Mavic and the controller.
I have never had this SC issue and have also upgraded to the most current software/firmware versions.

I had the same issue. So I took advice and updated to the latest go 4 app, there’s a good tutorial on here somewhere. Then I backed up my data by uploading it then I cleared the app data from the go4 folder. And not seen the issue since
Did the update on the SC this morning and went flying for two and a half hours, no app drops at all.

The smart controller has a screen that is very sensitive, the smallest touch and you go back to the previous screen or to DJI go 4, start screen.

Today it was cold so instead of gloves with free finger toes I had whole finger gloves on me, much less problems with the screen.

I will check this finding more careful tomorrow.

The smart controller has a screen that is very sensitive, the smallest touch and you go back to the previous screen or to DJI go 4, start screen.

Today it was cold so instead of gloves with free finger toes I had whole finger gloves on me, much less problems with the screen.

I will check this finding more careful tomorrow.

Are you sure it is the screen that is causing you problems or might it be the "back" button that is just to the left of the left stick? If I accidentally go back to a previous screen, it is because I accidentally hit that button.

Reactions: Gindra
I know it is very easy to access the button to go back one step, of course this sometimes happens but an involuntary tutch of the screen is as I experience it, more often than not cause the screen content to be anything other than what you just watched.

I'm going to do a more comprehensive test of this problem today, 0 degrees C / 32 degrees F,
so it's going to be wearing real gloves.

Reactions: Gindra
Clear weather, sunny but burr, far too cold, trembling for the coming winter, trying to fly 4 batteries a day to develop my flight skills.

Today's exercise with gloves on, well confirm my assumption that with just bare hands you often come into contact with the sensitive screen in "Smart RC". Not once in today's flight, did I lose the on-screen display.

The disadvantage is that sometimes you have to remove the glove to operate the screen.

Will take a pair of older finger gloves and cut a jack to be able to give left index finger access to the screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming