DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Stress Cracks?

stripercuz

Reactions
Hello
I have noticed cracks on my smart controller during the last four months (near joysticks). Still under warranty so I will probably return. Maybe I can get the new Rc Pro controller as a replacement? Has anyone ever seen this before? ThanksSmart Controller I.jpg

Attachments

• Smart Controller II.jpg
    Smart Controller II.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Smart Controller III.jpg
    Smart Controller III.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 82
I’ve had several since they were introduced and not seen what is pictured above.

Reactions: maggior
I've also had many pas through my hands with none ever showing this kind of damage.
From what I'm guessing is it's had something gouge into each side as if from storage or a lanyard even?
It would take an extreme amount of pressure on a specific point to crack and stay intact like that. My first thought was temp change maybe. If that's crack then buy me some!

How is it stored, in a case, backpack, etc? Could the storage container be putting pressure on the sides while closed?

Thanks for all the replies! I store it in a hard case (nanuk 925). I have been using it since day 1. At this point it's just a cosmetic thing. I will see what happens in the next few months. Sounds like the smart controller has a 12 month warranty. I'm only 4 months in. Thanks again!

I have exactly the same cracks. They are not scratches, scrapes or gauges they are cracks. I'm not sure that they affect the way that it works although they are a bit disconcerting. Mines been stored in a hard case too, which is nice and moulded and does not allow any contact from any closing lid in that area.

I have exactly the same cracks. They are not scratches, scrapes or gauges they are cracks. I'm not sure that they affect the way that it works although they are a bit disconcerting. Mines been stored in a hard case too, which is nice and moulded and does not allow any contact from any closing lid in that area.
Thanks for the reply. It is more of a cosmetic thing, but kinda of a bummer. I may still send it back. Not sure how they can fix it since the the controller is discontinued. Have you tried contacting DJI? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. It is more of a cosmetic thing, but kinda of a bummer. I may still send it back. Not sure how they can fix it since the the controller is discontinued. Have you tried contacting DJI? Thanks.
The controller is still sold with the M2EA, so it's not discontinued.

I am wondering if DJI would replace the cracked controller for the new RC Pro? That would be cool! Right now it's just a cosmetic thing. Thanks for the replies!

I am very surprised to see those cracks. I have a few smart controllers in my hands and have never seen one like that. They are very robust.

I've not contacted dji I think it's a cosmetic thing, but a bit annoying either way, trying to remember how long I've had it as to whether it would be covered under warranty.

I just notice the same cracks on mines first it was on the left side thought it was a scratch now on bothe sides and the left one is getting wider. Has anyone contacted DJI about this?

Hello
I have noticed cracks on my smart controller during the last four months (near joysticks). Still under warranty so I will probably return. Maybe I can get the new Rc Pro controller as a replacement? Has anyone ever seen this before? ThanksView attachment 141025
I noticed I had some above the mode selection switch(T P S). It looked like a scratch at first, it wasn't. My controller has seen no abuse so the cracks are concerning.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb