DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth Control that's Stupid Simple

Godfactor

Reactions
Here's a solution I came up with for smooth control for those cinematic moves that make your thumbs cramp. Take some half inch foam and cut out a 1 1/2" circle, poke a hole through the center, remove thumbsticks and insert through the hole and reattach to your controller. This provides just enough resistance without restriction movement to the furthest limit of your thumbsticks. I think you're going to love how it feels.

God Bless,
Rob

20230224_094159.jpg20230224_093946.jpg

Interesting!

Reactions: Drone Master
Good idea. 👍

Thanks for sharing.

Stupid simple? Nope. Smart simple.

That's a great idea. I just tried it out on the Mini 3 and it works like a charm. You can use denser foam or increase the thickness to achieve greater smoothing in the control movement.

I really like simple, practical, inexpensive, and creative do-it-yourself ideas. This one is a gem. Good on you, @Godfactor.

Stupid simple? Nope. Smart simple.

That's a great idea. I just tried it out on the Mini 3 and it works like a charm. You can use denser foam or increase the thickness to achieve greater smoothing in the control movement.

I really like simple, practical, inexpensive, and creative do-it-yourself ideas. This one is a gem. Good on you, @Godfactor.
Thanks @MS Coast glad to hear it worked great for you. I tried CineSticks but found them to be a bit too restrictive and had issues with having to recalibrate my controller all the time so I decided to come up with a solution myself.

Thank you for sharing your idea and I'll try it also !

Reactions: Godfactor
Here's a solution I came up with for smooth control for those cinematic moves that make your thumbs cramp. Take some half inch foam and cut out a 1 1/2" circle, poke a hole through the center, remove thumbsticks and insert through the hole and reattach to your controller. This provides just enough resistance without restriction movement to the furthest limit of your thumbsticks. I think you're going to love how it feels.

God Bless,
Rob

View attachment 161054View attachment 161055
Rob, great input. Thank you. I had the same difficulty with the Cinisticks. I’ll give your idea a go. All the best.

That is genius. I’m up there in age and I slowly inherited a tremor in both hands. So, anyone who understands this condition would know the difficulty of precision flying. I have not installed your design yet, but, I feel pretty confident this invention is going to help me. Don’t forget to patent it. I’ll get back to you after my first flight.

Fingers crossed…thank you.

🇨🇦👍

It is a great idea, as we just launched our New Flight Control Covers and flying with Resistance is an amazing experience and you will love it. Taking on the Foam circles is a great way to try it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Great idea, simple, effective, answer to a problem I also have.
Will make a couple asap...
Thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhinodrone