DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth footage

Archangel

Reactions
I know that this has been asked a million times, but Can someone give me the settings you have for getting the smoothest possible footage from my mavic. I have watched tutorial after tutorial and still am frustrated sometimes because my footage just never seems as smooth as some I have seen. Even in tripod mode sometimes. For instance. Am I always going to get jerky footage when turning if the stick is a the way to the right or left? Do I just need to learn how to be gentle?
I just want my footage to look super professional. PLEASE HELP!

That will help smooth out your footage by allowing you to slow your shutter speed.

Its all about learning to be smooth on the sticks. Reducing the stick rates and gimbal speed can help but its mostly pilot skill.

Go into MC settings (Quad rotor icon) > Advance settings
Set your EXPO down to 0.10
And drop your yaw endpoint down to 60

I don't know what you may have checked alreaydy, so I will write down some ideas for you to think:

a) try the previously proposed settings, they will slow down Mavic's yaw and Gimbal pitch
b) install the proper ND filter based on your lighting conditions and properly adjust the shutter speed according to the rule (that will help a lot)
c) try to be very gentle with your moves, it needs practice
d) check your SD, it must support 4K speeds
e) Try to check your monitor's settings. For example some monitors are 60Hz and if you record at 25fps you may have issues
f) I don't know why, but in windows using VLC always plays all my 2.7K or 4K videos with jerkiness. While at the same system the windows media players plays smoothly.

f) I don't know why, but in windows using VLC always plays all my 2.7K or 4K videos with jerkiness. While at the same system the windows media players plays smoothly.

Strange, check if your VLC is updated

Reactions: Hamzah_Drone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh